Logo types

cward

'better' is in the eye of the beholder....i love simple designs like the boston bruins, hartford whalers, montreal canadiens, toronto maple leafs and edmonton oilers primary logos as well as complex designs like the new york islanders, dallas mavericks, philadelphia 76ers, and detroit tigers' tiger through the 'd' design.

again, there is no 'better'...only what pleases you.

Simple is usually always better. The Devils come to mind. The Islanders, Blues, Knicks, Bulls, Oilers, Flyers... the complex ones tend to fade faster, they don't stay as long.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I can't say there's any rule you can apply to all logos. There are some that I think are simple that I like, the Wild, Canadiens & Flames flaming "C" for instance, and others that are more complicated that also work for me, like the Manitoba Moose and the old Houston Aeros.

There are also some simple ones I'm not a fan of, like the new Houston Aeros and many don't care for the Thrashers logo on their dark jerseys either.

On the whole, I'd say simple is better though.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There are good and bad simplistic logos.  There are good and bad complex logos.  Longevity isn't always an indication of logo greatness, either.  I will say that gradients and logos with alot of colors (5 or more) tend to be garbage.

No clear cut answer to this one.

Bruno

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

More complex logos are usually from newer teams, simpler ones for the older franchises. Both have their upsides, I perfer ones that aren't too complicated, but not too simple either.

To me, Montreal Canadiens has a great logo, its simple, yet has its complexity, plus longevity. it's remained unchanged for a long time, which is nice to see.

A simple logo could be dignified but it can also be boring while a complex logo could be innovative, but a gerrish eyesore so to paint either with a broad brush is impossible, a logo shoudl be defined by itself and not as a group.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I tend to design more simple logos right now, and for the most part I like simple logos best, but that's not always the case. It just really depends. When it comes to logos and jerseys you can have basic guidelines, or you can names certain tendencies in your taste, but to ever set strict rules is not good.

It has been proven that simple logos last the test of time, even though there has been minor changes... such as the oilers changing colours, the red wings more streamlined, the Detroit Tigers having a similar but different D for howmany years... dont get me wrong there were old logos that were too detailed... the LA Kings old crown... my lord there was alot of circles in that logo... there are arguments for both but i find simplicity usually wins out

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived