New Evidence Accusing Bush of Receiving Gifts

highlanders08

The NCAA is a joke this happens all over the place but nobody does anything until after they are caught, maybe if they hit the University harder it would put an end to it but the NCAA makes too much money so they do bad investigations go after the players and thats it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As Jim Rome stated, this doesn't mean a thing to Bush, because he's still going to be raking in millions in the NFL, while the university will be punished for something they didn't have any control over. In addition, this new information is coming from someone recently released from prison and being investigated for extortion, per one of the guys in the Forum part of the show.

Personally, I want to see a bigger crackdown on the agents and benefactors as opposed to throwing the hammer down on players and universities. Players have become targets in the sense that the payoffs they are approached with could do a lot to improve the family's situation, and the universities may not have knowledge of the transpirings.

Also, I still feel uneasy that these reports are coming from an upstart sports news service trying to crack a big story to get some sort of credibility.

VmWIn6B.png

I find it VERY hard to get upset over this. Big time college sports have long since stopped being an altruistic, pure, completely academic endeavor. Color me unsurprised that a star athlete was given special advantages.

This is so incredibly stupid.

EDIT: By the way, what ever happened to the rape scandal at University of Colorado? That was a scandal I was actually upset about, but I don't ever remember a conclusion.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Personally, I want to see a bigger crackdown on the agents and benefactors as opposed to throwing the hammer down on players and universities.

The NCAA has no power over agents and benefactors. It's not illegal for an agent to pay money to a college player, its just against NCAA rules. In the 80s the government tried to prosecute an agent for fruad who paid off a player, and the 7th Circuit ruled that they couldn't. Infact, I belive the judge called the NCAA a cartell. I find the NCAA's stance on the whole player-pay thing totally hypocritical. It's okay for the schools, the coaches, TV stations, ect to negoitate their own deals so they get market value for their services--its just not ok for the players to do so. And what's the cardnial sin for an NCAA player to commit? Sign with agent. The first time a player actually gets a representive to look out for the interests of himself and his family, he's banned. Can't get a job or an endorsement, then you might not be so reliant on the school and athletic program. The whole thing stinks.

I find it VERY hard to get upset over this. Big time college sports have long since stopped being an altruistic, pure, completely academic endeavor. Color me unsurprised that a star athlete was given special advantages.

This is so incredibly stupid.

EDIT: By the way, what ever happened to the rape scandal at University of Colorado? That was a scandal I was actually upset about, but I don't ever remember a conclusion.

*edited because of excessive coolness*

Archived