You've heard of 30-30-30...

Geoff

I was inspired by the NHL expansion thread and got this going in may head and put it into a notepad file today

NHL

Wales Conference

Northeast: Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto

East: Carolina, Columbus, Philadelphia, Washington

Atlantic: Boston, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers

Southeast: Atlanta, Florida, Nashville, Tampa

Campbell Conference

Northwest: Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton. Vancouver

Central: Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Winnipeg

Mid West: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, St. Louis

Southwest: Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose

AHL

Eastesrn Conference

Northeast: Hartford, Manchester, Portland, Providence

East: Albany, Springfield, Syracuse Worchester,

Atlantic: Binghamton, Bridgeport, Trenton, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Southeast: Gwinnett, Hershey, Norfolk, Philadelphia

Western Conference

North: Lake Erie (Cleveland), Hamilton, Rochester, Toronto

Midwest: Chicago, Grand Rapids, Milwaukee, Rockford

Southwest: Iowa, Omaha, Peoria, San Antonio

Pacific: Bakersfield, Colorado (Loveland), Oklahoma City, Stockton,

New:

* Lowell moves to Trenton, NJ

* Gwinnett moves up from ECHL

* Stockton moves up from ECHL

* Bakersfield moves up from ECHL

* Colorado moves up from CHL

* Rockford is Chicago's new affiliate

* Lake Erie was already an expansion team

* one of the the ECHL/CHL teams takes Houston's fanchise and one has Manitoba's franchise, the rest are expansion franchises

IHL

Eastern Conference

North: Atlantic City, Johnstown, Reading, Wheeling

Midwest: Cincinnati, Dayton, Fort Wayne, Toledo

Southeast: Charlotte, Columbia, Florida, South Carolina

Southwest: Augusta, Bossier-Shreveport, Mississippi, Pensacola

Western Conference

Northwest: Abbotsford, Alaska, Idaho, Victoria

Central: Rocky Mountain (Broomsfield, CO), Tulsa, Utah, Wichita

West: Arizona, Fresno, Las Vegas, Phoenix

Texas: Corpus Christi, Laredo, Rio Grande Valley, Texas

New:

* After accepting new teams ECHL changes name to International Hockey League

* Fort Wayne leaves UHL

* Mississippi returns

* Bossier-Shreveport joins from CHL

* Corpus Christi, Laredo, RGV from CHL help form Texas division

* Arizona comes from CHL

* Rocky Mountain, Tulsa, Wichita come from CHL and join Utah for Central

* Arizona joins existing ECHL teams in West Division

* mentioned possible expansion to Abbotsford, BC takes place

The UHL folds with the loss of Fort Wayne and Rockford and due to Elmira and Chicago folding. The CHL takes in the now league less UHL teams forming a secondary AA level league.

C&C?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Good for the most part, not sure if the NHL should expand though. But about the IHL, are you talking having two teams in the Phoenix/Glendale area? The Phoenix Roadrunners, although they play at US Airways Center, are a secondary affiliate of the Coyotes. I don't think there'd be enough support for two teams (with another at Jobing.com Arena). Just a small nitpick. How about Seattle or Portland taking the Arizona team's place?

David

It's getting to the point where a seperate forum is needed for realignment theads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good for the most part, not sure if the NHL should expand though. But about the IHL, are you talking having two teams in the Phoenix/Glendale area? The Phoenix Roadrunners, although they play at US Airways Center, are a secondary affiliate of the Coyotes. I don't think there'd be enough support for two teams (with another at Jobing.com Arena). Just a small nitpick. How about Seattle or Portland taking the Arizona team's place?

David

The Arizona team plays in Prescott Valley, which is roughly 90 miles from Glendale, and I don't think that's too much of a problem. Someone who tracks these things lists the Sundogs' and Roadrunners' attendances thusly.

Arizona averages 4164.1 as of January 1, and Phoenix averages 3290.8. I should mention the Roadrunners are owned by the Suns, and I think that the Suns are willing to eat a loss on that to fill arena dates.

As for Geoff, not sure if this works overall. Some divisions get it in the shorts when it comes to travel, which doesn't really work as far as the minors are concerned. The AHL's model where they have no one West of San Antonio and Winnipeg seems to be what they are content with when it comes to travel.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's getting to the point where a seperate forum is needed for realignment theads.

I thought there was one already. <_<

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The Arizona team plays in Prescott Valley, which is roughly 90 miles from Glendale, and I don't think that's too much of a problem. Someone who tracks these things lists the Sundogs' and Roadrunners' attendances thusly.

Arizona averages 4164.1 as of January 1, and Phoenix averages 3290.8. I should mention the Roadrunners are owned by the Suns, and I think that the Suns are willing to eat a loss on that to fill arena dates.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Yes, I know all about the Roadrunners, but had never heard of a second Arizona team. :) I'm not sure that the Suns actually own the team, but they operate them.

David

Archived