Which, oh which player to get...

zer0dotcom

Count another vote for Khabibulin. I have a Stars Teppo Numminen which came out very nicely. If it is a team I don't particularly care about, I go with the longest or most unique name from the time period the jersey/sweater was worn.

Were that sweater mine, my finalists include:

Jyrki LUMME (#21) - I've got a black Canucks sweater with him on it.

Juha YLONEN (#36)

Ossi VAANANAN (#4)

Branko RADIVOJEVIC (#29)

Oleg TVERDOVSKY (#10)

For those who cared, Rick Tocchet did wear #92. I can also remember Daniel Briere wearing #54 as well as #8 in Phoenix. Shane Doan is the Coyote I most associate with #19, not Briere.

Bonus points if you could find someone who put on a Russian name with Cyrillic letters (ХАБИБУЛИН). I always wanted to get that done for one of my sweaters, but I don't know who'd do it properly.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I've been thinking of getting it customized, since a Coyotes jersey is a pretty rare sight in Canada. However, I've never been able to settle on a player to slap on the black. here are the ideas I've kicked around:

#1 Burke

#19 Briere

#33 Boucher

#97 Roenick

#99 Gretzky

Well of that list, I'd go with Roenick, the Assistant Captain's "A" and a black NHL 2000 patch. That was the only patch they wore with that style.

Then you need one of these on the left shoulder to replace the team logo.

pho_gfk.jpg

Take a close took at the photo you posted of the Roenick where you can read the shoulder patches. That one has one of them on it.

They show up on ebay periodically but I think I have one if you want to give your money to a friend instead. I think when I got mine I had to buy a pair of them and they only used one on the left side.

Personally, went with Tkachuk #7 with the "C" and the two extra patches on my black one and Roenick on the green peyote alt. :wacko:

Anything but Gretzky. He never wore it.

As for the one mentioned earlier with the defective patch, I'd think it was worth less. It's not 'collectable' in my mind, it's 'defective'.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• LMU locked this topic

Archived