Which, oh which player to get...

zer0dotcom

A brain scratcher I've been contemplating for sometime, and thought I would ask for some opinions.

I have a Phoenix Coyotes jersey, the Black Picaso design (say what you want about them, I love the black one)

I've been thinking of getting it customized, since a Coyotes jersey is a pretty rare sight in Canada. However, I've never been able to settle on a player to slap on the black. here are the ideas I've kicked around:

#1 Burke

#19 Briere

#33 Boucher

#97 Roenick

#99 Gretzky

or just leave it blank and use it as my road hockey uniform.

I understand the whole 'Wayne didn't play fo the team dip :censored:, he just owns and coaches them' side of the argument. I just like the idea of owning a Gretzky jersey.

Ideas?

EDIT: added Boucher, I love Brian Boucher...

My wife has one of those jerseys.

I've worn it a few times, and they're heavier than the regular jerseys I have.

If you really want to put someone on, I'd have said JR.

But I would leave it as is.

PS Interestingly, when we first bought it, the one we got from the store was missing a P in the shoulder logo.

HOENIX COYOTES .

We took it back and replaced it, but I always wondered if it was worth more without it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

My wife has one of those jerseys.

I've worn it a few times, and they're heavier than the regular jerseys I have.

If you really want to put someone on, I'd have said JR.

But I would leave it as is.

PS Interestingly, when we first bought it, the one we got from the store was missing a P in the shoulder logo.

HOENIX COYOTES .

We took it back and replaced it, but I always wondered if it was worth more without it.

Man, thats just a slight oversight. Hell of a way to lose your job after shipping out a load of those. To a collector (paging spyboy, spyboy to the thread please.) it could be worth some decent pocket change.

To steiny, the Coyotes don't get alot of coverage here, so it's easy to over look guys like Doan and Numminen. I completely forogt about Brian Boucher, and I love Brian Boucher. Sometimes I feel like dishing out for some West coast channels just to get more on Phoenix, San Jose and the like. The North East is fun, but sometimes I like to check out whats going down on the Pacific coast

Although you did mention the whole 'Gretzky didn't play...' thing, that's how I stand on those kinds of things. It's one of those things that bothers me to no end. That said, out of the guys you've listed, I'd go with Burke.

Other guys you didn't list that would be sweet might include:

- Mike Gartner

- Nikolai Khabibulin

- Rick Tocchet

- Or, since you're a Habbies fan(I think), JJ Daigenault

I'd get Roenick or Burke. You could even go for Nikolai Khabibulin, #35.

Out of those three I would go for Roenick as I always felt he was the face of the team. Nikolai Khabibulin would be my second choice

Edit- Other players you could get

Mike Gartner-22

Oleg Tverdosky-10

Rick Tocchet-22

Keith Tkachuk-7

Teppo Numminen-27

Claude Lemieux-22

Tony Amonte-10

Brian Boucher-33

Briere was my favorite player in NHL 2000 for the original Playstation. I had him score like 150 goals in a season, then he was traded for Gratton. I almost died when the Sabres traded for him. So, obviously if it was my jersey I would get Briere even though I would rather have a Sabres "Briere" jersey.

saBS.png

Archived