Soccer shirt sizes

Rampart

I want to buy a Reading FC Shirt (made by Puma). Has anyone had any experiences buying soccer jerseys from the UK? Are the sizes smaller than the US?

I have an Italy soccer jersey by Puma. Puma's European fits are more snug than the American counterparts, so if you normally wear a Large here, you need to upside to the XL Europe.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why not? They're challenging for a UEFA Cup berth next season, which is remarkable considering they were a preseason favorite for a one-and-done Premiership stint.

This year's Wigan. Back to earth come next season.

Besides, aren't most promoted squads the preseason favorite for the drop anyway?

Anyway, aside from all that, their kit isn't that flattering. Hoops belong on Celtic, nowhere else.

That being said, why Reading? A more nondescript side in the Premiership has yet to be found.

At least they're not sizing up the competition in League One for next year...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That being said, why Reading? A more nondescript side in the Premiership has yet to be found.

This is my first year following the Premier League, so I decided to support a new team in the league as well. After watching some YouTube video of the team from last season in the Championship, I really enjoyed thier open style of play and they seem to have a lot of fun on the pitch. (I don't know how many times that they've tackled thier own mascot after scoring a goal). The Reading fans really seem to support thier team well and the team also has two Americans in the starting XI.

I just didn't want to be the person that starts following the Premier League and cheers for one of the big four right off the bat like Manchester United or Chelsea.

Like Bill Simmons wrote in one of his articles; Could you imagine someone following baseball for the first time and deciding that the New York Yankees are "thier" team. You would hate that person, wouldn't you?

Truthfully, the fact that Reading is doing so well (6th in the current table) is a pleasent surprise. I expected them to hover around the 10-15th spot.

This is my first year following the Premier League, so I decided to support a new team in the league as well. After watching some YouTube video of the team from last season in the Championship, I really enjoyed thier open style of play and they seem to have a lot of fun on the pitch. (I don't know how many times that they've tackled thier own mascot after scoring a goal). The Reading fans really seem to support thier team well and the team also has two Americans in the starting XI.

I just didn't want to be the person that starts following the Premier League and cheers for one of the big four right off the bat like Manchester United or Chelsea.

Like Bill Simmons wrote in one of his articles; Could you imagine someone following baseball for the first time and deciding that the New York Yankees are "thier" team. You would hate that person, wouldn't you?

Truthfully, the fact that Reading is doing so well (6th in the current table) is a pleasent surprise. I expected them to hover around the 10-15th spot.

It's too easy to follow a premiership side. May I interest you in Leeds United? Perhaps the most vocal and devoted following of any club, regardless of league standing. We also have a quality history and one of the better looking kits around. Inquire within.

At least they're not sizing up the competition in League One for next year...

And yet we follow our club anywhere, whether it be Manchester or Colchester. Reading can't even fill up the Madjeski in the Premiership.

And yet we follow our club anywhere, whether it be Manchester or Colchester. Reading can't even fill up the Madjeski in the Premiership.

You play for Leeds United? It's the only reason I could fathom you using a first-person pronoun there...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You play for Leeds United? It's the only reason I could fathom you using a first-person pronoun there...

We are the club, we are the fans, we are United.

The players? Ungrateful sods, most of 'em. The fans are the club, never forget that.

This ain't american style franchising. You are born into this and you bleed the colors.

The players? Ungrateful sods, most of 'em. The fans are the club, never forget that.

This ain't american style franchising. You are born into this and you bleed the colors.

Tasty agitprop there. A believer in predestination and/or the Divine Right of kings are you?

Nothing against Leeds United, but I'm living in the United States and I'd never get to see any matches since I don't have Setanta Sports. Besides, here's hoping Leeds can avoid relegation to League One. There's way too much history for that team to be playing that low in the football hierarchy.

Nothing against Leeds United, but I'm living in the United States and I'd never get to see any matches since I don't have Setanta Sports. Besides, here's hoping Leeds can avoid relegation to League One. There's way too much history for that team to be playing that low in the football hierarchy.

Tell that to Nottingham Forest. :P

Tasty agitprop there. A believer in predestination and/or the Divine Right of kings are you?

Maybe in the Divine Right of Kings. I doubt that he's one of the "elect" :rolleyes:

<----Always wondered if Calvin ended up being among the "elect".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've always been a Hobbes man myself.

I've always been a Hobbes man myself.

Then how come you said...

You are born into this...

those style Puma shirts - the ones Reading uses this year - aren't too snug fitting. Nike, adidas, Reebok and Umbro are pretty equivalent to US sizes, some Puma styles (especially this years) and almost all Kappa styles are notoriously tight-fitting - sites like worldsoccershop.com suggest you buy a size up.

the Reading isn't (I'm pretty sure) a slim-fit.

Soccer Jerseys - Regular Fit

Small 40 inches

Medium 42 inches

Large 44 inches

X-Large 46 inches

XX-Large 50 - 52 inches

that's a Puma size guide from World Soccer Shop, one of the better American-based soccer stores online. their full size chart for a variety of brands is here. Good selection, okay prices, good sales. Subside Sports are really good too, as are the proverbial little guys, Soccer Plus who have a TON of older stuff for a lot of the big teams, though their site is a bit weird to navigate.

the Puma looks like it will be a pretty regular fit - my Nikes are 47-48 inches for XXL, but 50-52 in the Puma - nice. I don't have any Pumas at all, so I can't confirm, but I would be interested in hearing how their quality is.

As much as I like some of the designs, the Nike replicas I have are 'alright,' kind of a baseline. My adidas kit (champion's league Ajax shirt from '03-04) is a little more polyester-y, and the most comfortable shirt I have is actually a Liverpool Reebok from their Champion's League-winning season - it's 50-52 and the material is much, much nicer than the Nike materials. the Umbro kits are up there too, but are slightly slimmer fitting - just an inch or two narrower.

and there's nothing wrong with liking Reading - especially as an American, because, though Fulham has more, Reading does have a few players in national team contention on their roster too.

harperdc.gif

Or in Leeds' case lack of colours ;)

and the most comfortable shirt I have is actually a Liverpool Reebok from their Champion's League-winning season - it's 50-52 and the material is much, much nicer than the Nike materials.

That is a really comfortable shirt. I wear mine quite often, and the fabric even has some of the high-performance moisture wicking properties it claims, if you wear if while playing sport.

I much prefer the materials in that shirt to my Nike Socceroos WC06 shirt which feels like it'll fall apart if I sneeze.

liverpool-1.png

As much as I like some of the designs, the Nike replicas I have are 'alright,' kind of a baseline. My adidas kit (champion's league Ajax shirt from '03-04) is a little more polyester-y, and the most comfortable shirt I have is actually a Liverpool Reebok from their Champion's League-winning season - it's 50-52 and the material is much, much nicer than the Nike materials. the Umbro kits are up there too, but are slightly slimmer fitting - just an inch or two narrower.

I noticed that today as I made an addition to my collection (which now stands at two, I'm just starting :P): a 2004-05 Everton home shirt I got on clerance from the local soccer shop. It's a medium Umbro, and I noticed that it fits a bit more snug in the shoulders and sleeves than it does in the rest of the shirt. I love the material, it's a bit softer mesh than my Nike 06-07 Celtic shirt (it reminds me of an old Starter Colorado Avalanche sweater I had back in the day -- very comfortable, even if the crest looked like cheap jacket material).

QPR%20Sig.png

• 3 years later...

Archived