North Bay's Possible return to the OHL Sign the petition to help the cause

habsfan9

North bay is practically the last option on the table for the ice dogs to move to . And after todays news that the final offer for a new rink was turned down in Niagara falls it seems closer then ever for north bay to ice an OHL team fall 2007

North bay Ohl article Baytoday.ca

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION IF YOU SUPPORT THIS MOVE, NORTH BAY IS A PASSIONATE HOCKEY CITY THAT DESERVES AN OHL TEAM

SIGN PETITION CLICK HERE

lets all keep our finger crossed cause we deserve this team over another move to the usa

number933.gif

So what's going on in Mississauga that the stupidly named Ice Dogs are moving?

Same owner for the Ice Dogs and St Mike's Majors. Ice Dogs being sold off and St Mike's moving to Mississauga.

Okay, so help me out on another point, then.

I was always under the impression that St Mike's was a private school hockey program that just happened to be in the OHL. Is this not/no longer the case? I always thought that was a pretty unique situation, myself.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Okay, so help me out on another point, then.

I was always under the impression that St Mike's was a private school hockey program that just happened to be in the OHL. Is this not/no longer the case? I always thought that was a pretty unique situation, myself.

Unlike the old days (the first go rounds of the Majors) the players aren't required to go to the college anymore. Eugene Melnyk, also owner of the Ottawa Senators, bought the team a while back and, not being able to get any arena deals done, is moving them to Mississauga.

Dammit, I knew that would happen.

Since this situation becan several months ago, I was under the impression that the Majors would keep their name and everything, they'd just move into the Hersey Center, and Eugine was just buying and selling the Dogs.

Mayhaps teh 'Dogs would go back to the old North Bay Trappers name when they re-arrive in the city

Yeah, the Majors are going to become the Mississauga-Toronto St. Michael's Majors. Is this worse than the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

Yes because it's basically putting 3 locations in the name of one team. Wouldn't have been easier to just move St. Mikes up north?

1zqy8ok.gif

Yeah, the Majors are going to become the Mississauga-Toronto St. Michael's Majors. Is this worse than the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

Yes because it's basically putting 3 locations in the name of one team. Wouldn't have been easier to just move St. Mikes up north?

I think they wanted to stay in the Toronto area, and they didn't want to build a whole new arena.

call em the Mississauga Majors, if they cared about the tradition enough they'd stay in town

Damn right! The Hershey Centre was too far away from the college anyways. It's not east commuting to the arena anyways. Sure Melnyk's company is based in Mississauga, so it wouldn't be a stretch for him and also a few students that commute from there. Wherever the IceDogs move, I will most likely support them over the Majors. Heck, I'll even adopt Brampton as my team if push comes to shove. The Powerade Centre is not too far away. They could easily have moved to Ricoh Coliseum had it not been for the Marlies.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived