My High School

kewp80

I go to Hickman High School in Columbia, MO, and in a thread in the sports logos section the mascot was put out there as not tough. Yeah I know. We get burned for it many times, but now I'm trying to make our logo look a bit tougher. I started work on this a couple days ago, and I think it needs something more, like shadows or detail, but I've been lost as too what it needs and where. So if you could help me out it would be great! Just for comparison I put our current logo, and our CH logo in as well.

kewpie.png

kewpiedoll-186x196.jpg

092206rob.jpg

Hickman.gif

C&C Please!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two reasons why our mascot is the Kewpies, first is that the inventor of the Kewpie lived in Missouri, and when our football team back in like the 1910's were playing a much better Jeff City team, and reporters said they were "smiling like kewpies" as they took the field, I believe they won and the name stuck.

Check out my music!

Well I'd make the head smaller, and the facial details the same size.

Also your mouth's kinda wonky, the line on the right is running around too far.

Space the eyes closer together, provide some ear detail, make the nose a little more realistic.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

His right eye (The one on the left) isn't relative with the nose, bring it a little closer in.

Try a furrow in his brow

I'd put the mouth in a scowl, actually.

and give 'em more of a chin, too.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Ugliest

Logo

Ever

If you are talking about my concept then how about telling me how to improve it instead of insulting my work and running away. I would like to see you come up with something half as good as this. I know its not a very good logo, but how about helping me make it better? I come here to post my concepts and hope to get constructive criticism from the others on the board. Not get insulted.

Check out my music!

If you are talking about my concept then how about telling me how to improve it instead of insulting my work and running away. I would like to see you come up with something half as good as this. I know its not a very good logo, but how about helping me make it better? I come here to post my concepts and hope to get constructive criticism from the others on the board. Not get insulted.

Right on! I'm thinking it must be really hard making a :censored: baby look tough. :censored:

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

There are two reasons why our mascot is the Kewpies, first is that the inventor of the Kewpie lived in Missouri, and when our football team back in like the 1910's were playing a much better Jeff City team, and reporters said they were "smiling like kewpies" as they took the field, I believe they won and the name stuck.

Neither one of those reasons is accurate for the naming of the mascot being Kewpies.

I would like to know your facts, seeing as I go to the damn school and they have both of those stories are in our agendas under history of the school. This is from our school website:

The name Kewpie is as exclusive to Hickman as the spirit that the name suggests. The name itself dates back to 1909, when the first Kewpie was created by an Ozark resident named Rose O'Neill. The Kewpie first appeared in the Cresset in 1914 in a dedication to the basketball team, A . . . whose loyalty to the school and to the Kewpie motto to keep smiling has won the state championship. There are several stories making the tie between the Kewpie and the old Columbia High team. The one most generally thought of as authentic is about a game in which the Kewpies were playing against with much larger players, and were described by reporters as smiling Alike Kewpies, even though they were being outmanned. No matter what the story, the unique name and spirit associated with the Kewpies is something that every Hickman graduate carries with him or her always.

Check out my music!

I don't know if you want to get this "serious" but here is instruction on drawing baby heads to proper proportion. Sorry to just provide the link and not hotlink the pics, but I think this Loomis site is so valuable I would hate to have it restricted because of a bandwidth overflow.

Baby Head

Baby Head2

Also, there is a tutorial on drawing the human head on paper in the "learn" section here:

http://www.anticz.com/anticz.htm. It is the best tutorial I know of on the subject.

LT

Archived