Rejected Bucs helmet

CrookedThumb

A pewter alternate of the Buccaneer uniforms (jersey and helmet) would be a nice change of pace.

Imagine this:

Pewter jersey and helmet with white pants (home)

Pewter pants and helmet with white jersey (road) :wacko:

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pewter alternate of the Buccaneer uniforms (jersey and helmet) would be a nice change of pace.

Imagine this:

Pewter jersey and helmet with white pants (home)

Pewter pants and helmet with white jersey (road) :wacko:

And to quote the incomparable Chris Berman....

<NFL Countdown>...and now, on to the "Bay of Pigs" between the cheeseheads in Green Bay and the Buccaneers of Tampa Bay, truly the Pirates of Pewter Pants......</NFL Countdown>

:rolleyes:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Guys, guys, guys (and I realize some of you are gals who read this board, and when I say gals, I mean female) - you have to admit a couple things, no matter what logo you liked the best:

1. No one else uses pewter, making it a totally unique color, which gives them instant logo recognition

Just to quibble a bit - they don't use pewter in the logo. The "totally unique" thing is the helmet color. Its use givesthem brand recognition, not necessarily logo recognition.

I like the current look, although some of these alternates might be better than what they chose. Thank goodness they didn't go in for some of the funky helmet striping patterns that were presented.

They wear the pewter pants, too, which I really don't like. It just makes the look seem "dirty" when they wear them with the red shirts. I don't mind them so much with the white jerseys. Compare:

alstottl.jpg (best I could do, it's hard to find pics of this combo)

vs

qb5_ChrisSimms2006_300.jpg

The red/white looks really sharp, in my opinion, much better than red/pewter.

-_- Red on Pewter much better. When you have three different colors for your team unis, it looks a little weird.

Seems odd coming from a Gator fan. I like the white pants. Would you prefer pewter jerseys and red pants?

Guys, guys, guys (and I realize some of you are gals who read this board, and when I say gals, I mean female) - you have to admit a couple things, no matter what logo you liked the best:

1. No one else uses pewter, making it a totally unique color, which gives them instant logo recognition

Just to quibble a bit - they don't use pewter in the logo. The "totally unique" thing is the helmet color. Its use givesthem brand recognition, not necessarily logo recognition.

I like the current look, although some of these alternates might be better than what they chose. Thank goodness they didn't go in for some of the funky helmet striping patterns that were presented.

They wear the pewter pants, too, which I really don't like. It just makes the look seem "dirty" when they wear them with the red shirts. I don't mind them so much with the white jerseys. Compare:

alstottl.jpg (best I could do, it's hard to find pics of this combo)

vs

qb5_ChrisSimms2006_300.jpg

The red/white looks really sharp, in my opinion, much better than red/pewter.

-_- Red on Pewter much better. When you have three different colors for your team unis, it looks a little weird.

Seems odd coming from a Gator fan. I like the white pants. Would you prefer pewter jerseys and red pants?

I like Florida unis but I prefer them wearing the orange pants for the home and road games. Now Pewter on Red would be a little :wacko::wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• LMU locked this topic

Archived