SSUR.org Proposed Color Sets

TruColor

I have - finally - re-worked my Proposed Color Sets page. Now, all images are in the same format as the Professional Team Colors and College Colors & Nicknames, complete with popup windows for each image.

There are some new ideas in there as well - let me know what you all think:

http://www.ssur.org/experiments/ProposedCo..._color_sets.htm

Thanks....I should mention that I am OK with people on this board remote-linking images over here.

My ISP gives me tons of bandwidth...it's not a problem any longer.

Just remember to remove the 'popup.htm?' portion of the link.

When you say these are "Proposed Color Sets", do you mean sets actually proposed to/considered by the teams in question or ones used in unsolicited concepts like those seen here?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

When you say these are "Proposed Color Sets", do you mean sets actually proposed to/considered by the teams in question or ones used in unsolicited concepts like those seen here?

No - these are just conceptual color sets...I haven't put any of the "official" unused sets on there...

(although, it's an idea)

No - these are just conceptual color sets...I haven't put any of the "official" unused sets on there...

(although, it's an idea)

Thanks for the clarification.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I've just modified the page again...I've now included "unused" color sets - these are color sets that were at one time "official", but never saw the light of day for one reason or another.

Most of the "unused" sets are just Pantone tweaks - for example, the Diamondbacks were originally going to use a flat, non-metallic colors for their Copper, but later changed their minds.

The Thrashers originally were going to use really funky blended metallic colors for their Bronze and Copper, but at the last minute changed them to flat colors.

All of these use confirmed Pantone colors to represent the colors in the images, except for the proposed Quebec Nordiques - which use estimated Pantone colors.

All of the newly added "Unused Colors" aren't working, the window pops up as desired, but there is no information in the window. This doesn't affect anything else other than the "Unused Colors". Just a heads up.

Caught and fixed. Thanks!

I've just modified the page again...I've now included "unused" color sets - these are color sets that were at one time "official", but never saw the light of day for one reason or another.

I love it, but perhaps you might consider adding some more background - telling us which color sets were proposed, or which were official but never used, or adding some more dates. As it is, they're interesting but without context.

It makes so much more sense when you label something "1997 unused colors" rather than "concept".

I love it, but perhaps you might consider adding some more background - telling us which color sets were proposed, or which were official but never used, or adding some more dates. As it is, they're interesting but without context.

It makes so much more sense when you label something "1997 unused colors" rather than "concept".

Concepts aren't unused colours... concepts are his ideas for a good colour scheme (at least that's how I've always understood it!)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The parenthetical after each team provides that (Concept #1 vs. 1997 unused colors, for example). It doesn't say when any of the concepts were proposed though.

Yeah, that's it. "Concepts" are just color sets that I've come up with on my own, or that I liked from some of the concepts I've seen here. I should make it a practice to give credit where credit is due however. For example, the Astros set I have on there (Navy, Orange, Yellow) is not mine; someone on this board came up with it, and I put into my database. I will gladly give credit to whoever came up with it.

The sets marked as "Unused" are those sets that I DO have knowledge that they were "officially" proposed, but never used.

Does this help?

Yeah, that's it. "Concepts" are just color sets that I've come up with on my own, or that I liked from some of the concepts I've seen here. I should make it a practice to give credit where credit is due however. For example, the Astros set I have on there (Navy, Orange, Yellow) is not mine; someone on this board came up with it, and I put into my database. I will gladly give credit to whoever came up with it.

The sets marked as "Unused" are those sets that I DO have knowledge that they were "officially" proposed, but never used.

Does this help?

No offense, PANTONE, because I'm sure you put a lot of time into the project. But without a uniform/cap/helmet design to go with it, it's just a trip to the paint shop for me. It's nice work, and I appreciate it, but I'm hoping some of the artistic folk out there can come up with some.

On that note though, I re-did two rooms in my house this year, and it turns out I did them in Cleveland Browns concept :)

No offense, PANTONE, because I'm sure you put a lot of time into the project. But without a uniform/cap/helmet design to go with it, it's just a trip to the paint shop for me. It's nice work, and I appreciate it, but I'm hoping some of the artistic folk out there can come up with some.

I would agree with that.

Concepts are interesting, but I don't know if I personally would include them. Your site, your choice; but it seems a little, I don't know, off for a major research project with so much work behind it.

If you are to include them, I'd rather see a section devoted to concepts overall - mockups as well as colors - to separate the actual from our equivelant of fanfic.

I appreciate the comments/suggestions/criticisms...and, I understand the issues mentioned.

Just to clarify - producing these color swatch things are incredibly easy for me to do...I have set up my database(s) to allow me to just plug in some color values and push a button to produce these things. I can produce a brand new one and have it linked here on this board in less than two minutes. If anyone's ever interested, I can explain more in detail.

It wasn't that much work to put this together...in fact, it's been out there on the SSUR for a couple of years now, it's just that the color sets were very out-of-date. They were in an old format and were linked as .PDF files...I just cleaned the page up and modified it to use the popup windows that the Team Colors pages use.

Keep the suggestions/criticisms coming...I can take it (!)...

Is there a reason that you do not include the PMS colors or CMYK values for these? I would think that if you are putting the color information out there you should have the values on there as well.

Partly because a lot of these use some of the actual Pantone colors within the sets...

You know me - always paranoid.

Archived