InDesign question

winters in buffalo

I'm working on a document in InDesign (v2.0.1) and have run into a roadblock that I can't seem to get around.

In have an image set behind my text that I have set at 20% opacity. When I export it to a PDF, the image appears at 100%.

I've even tried going back into Photoshop, tweaking the opacity there, and then re-saving it, but I still get the same results.

Help!?

what level PDF are you saving it to? I think some early versions don't support transparency...

easiest thing might be to find a way around it... either wash the image out in photoshop so that it's still faded but at 100% opacity in InDesign...

or, the long way would be to PDF it at the highest version possible, then open that PDF one page at a time into photoshop, let photoshop rasterize the transparency, save each page, then create a PDF from the pages, or however it works best.... Photoshop will almost always rasterize the transparency so that it eliminates any issues...

I know the printers I work with suggest I use the PDF x/1-a preset... see if that helps (?)

what level PDF are you saving it to? I think some early versions don't support transparency...

easiest thing might be to find a way around it... either wash the image out in photoshop so that it's still faded but at 100% opacity in InDesign...

or, the long way would be to PDF it at the highest version possible, then open that PDF one page at a time into photoshop, let photoshop rasterize the transparency, save each page, then create a PDF from the pages, or however it works best.... Photoshop will almost always rasterize the transparency so that it eliminates any issues...

I know the printers I work with suggest I use the PDF x/1-a preset... see if that helps (?)

I went back and re-tried that, except this time I saved it as a jpg instead of a PSD. That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks!

Archived