RUGBY!

-Helix-

If you have DirecTV in the USA you can get Setanta Sports which has awesome coverage of Rugby, Soccer, Gaelic Sports. I have it now and its a tad pricey but worth it

You don't need DirecTV to get Setanta, not to mention cheaper too...

http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/broadband

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

still, regardless, it NEEDS to be cheaper and on a more accessible network. Again, here's where Versus has an opportunity by buying the World Cup rights.

and keep drooling thinking about some of the athletes who have been NFL greats who could be world greats if they'd played rugby...

harperdc.gif

still, regardless, it NEEDS to be cheaper and on a more accessible network. Again, here's where Versus has an opportunity by buying the World Cup rights.

and keep drooling thinking about some of the athletes who have been NFL greats who could be world greats if they'd played rugby...

Don't just limit it to the NFL, imagine having Shaq as a Lock? We used to make great dream teams of USA Rugby if rugby was THE sport in the USA when we would be in the bar after. As for me I played football in HS and rugby after. I think rugby was making inroads in the US at the grassroots level. But when they started the Super League it really hurt the medium and small clubs who were able to promote the game locally. But when the Super League started it caused a lot of teams to fold or merge to form larger clubs to be competitive. Anyway...I think rugby would be a great way to keep football players in shape in the spring. It would be very cheap for a HS to do this and benefit both programs.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

heh, if rugby had made some inroads, it'd likely have penetrated to where soccer is, and it'd probably have been league instead of union. shaq would still be a center, urlacher would still be a linebacker. however, landon donovan would be an underachieving 3/4 back instead of an underachieving midfielder :D

now go wash your shirt, you drooled all over it :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You really wonder what might have happened if the President and Congress had banned "American" football as threatened in the earlier 20th century prior to the rule changes that made it less lethal. If the USA played rugby instead of American football the sport might be very different.

I doubt Amateurism would have remained in place until 1995 for a start (if you ignore the shamateurism in Italy).

liverpool-1.png

Rugby Union - The most over exposed minority sport ever.Dull,Dull,Dull.

Because you know, they show rugby highlights every night on sportscenter.

How exactly is rugby overexposed? It's barely on TV in America.

Check where I'm from then you might understand why.

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Check where I'm from then you might understand why.

Good Call. Didn't realize you were from Wales.

If you don't really like Rugby Union than what team sport do you prefer?

My main interest is football(soccer- Newport County,Man.City,Celtic)) but I also follow motorcycle speedway(Newport Wasps) ,Rugby League(Warrington Wolves),as well as the NFL,MLB and NHL(Steelers,Bucs & Pens).

My main interest is football(soccer- Newport County,Man.City,Celtic)) but I also follow motorcycle speedway(Newport Wasps) ,Rugby League(Warrington Wolves),as well as the NFL,MLB and NHL(Steelers,Bucs & Pens).

So you prefer League over Union? How come?

(Just wondering, not trying to start an argument or anything. I'm not too familiar with League.)

So you prefer League over Union? How come?

(Just wondering, not trying to start an argument or anything. I'm not too familiar with League.)

It was a Saturday afternoon thing during the 70's when I couldn't go to a game(Newport County playing away).At this time the UK only had three national tv channels two of which had sports shows.Like most people I would be waiting for the soccer latest scores and results so it was usually a choice of ITV showing wrestling or BBC showing Rugby League so that's how I got into it and learned about the massive influence Wales has had over the years.

Archived