Which, oh which player to get...pt.2!

zer0dotcom

irbe.JPG

gotta go with archie irbe, #32 :)

or perhaps trent klatt.

I have to sheepishly raise my hand and confess that I also have a white Canucks #32 Irbe with the 98 All-star and 97 Game ONe Japan patch.

Irbe is my hero and I have jersey of his from San Jose, Vancouver, Dallas, Carolina (red) 99-00, Carolina (white) 01-02, 1994 All-Star Game, 1999 All-Star game & Kansas City Blades.

I didn't mention him since he already had McLean on his list and Irbe didn't actually play in Japan.

you have no idea how much i would LOVE to have an irbe stars jersey... which do you have? white or black?

I have to sheepishly raise my hand and confess that I also have a white Canucks #32 Irbe with the 98 All-star and 97 Game ONe Japan patch.

Irbe is my hero and I have jersey of his from San Jose, Vancouver, Dallas, Carolina (red) 99-00, Carolina (white) 01-02, 1994 All-Star Game, 1999 All-Star game & Kansas City Blades.

I didn't mention him since he already had McLean on his list and Irbe didn't actually play in Japan.

you have no idea how much i would LOVE to have an irbe stars jersey... which do you have? white or black?

I have the white one. I sent it to River City Sports in Winnipeg and was actually disapointed with the job they did. I don't think the jersey runs small at all, but they put full sized numbers on the back which overlap the waist stripes a lot, which is just plain wrong. I really wished they would have measured this out, perhaps raised the name plate a bit or shrunk the numbers from 12" to 10" to make them proportional to the jersey space.

Here's my pictures of the two white Canucks jerseys I have.

IrbeF.jpgIrbeB.jpg

MessierF.jpgMessierB.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Naslund is the fan favorite here for sure. And he's close to passing Trevor Linden for most points by a Canuck all time. I'd go with him...

Throwin' some other names out there:

#81 Fedor Fedorov

#72 Peter Schaefer

#35 Bob Essensa

those are two sharp looking sweaters spyboy, thats why I wanted the white sweater, the lettering just shows up so well on them.

The all-star patch looks pretty sweet, those are always something I look for. I have a red '93 Roy jersey with the allstar patch on it. My only little thing about having a patch on the front is that I like to have something to help balance on the front. (its my art education...balance! always balanced dammit!)

That has me leaning towards a Bure or Linden with the A. I have a soft spot for the Goalies though. I usually volunteer to be the Michelan Man when we play road hockey, and back in the day I thought McLean was the man, though he was only in this particular jersey for a short time.

I'm still up in the air, and with the triple layer letters I'll have to safe some serious coinage, but it has me excited again :DPlus I love discussions like this, I'd love to see some other Canucks uniforms that other people have to check them out if possible

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Check out what I found researching some old Teemu Selanne pics.

17Jan98ASG-Skills.jpg

It's from the 1998 NHL All-Star Game Skills Competition in Vancouver.

The World vs. North America format was in effect and the players wore their countries flag on their team jerseys. I didn't know they ever did that until tonight. The World team wore whites and the North Americans wore darks and it was the only year they added the flags to the players regular club team jerseys.

Bure has his on his shoulder since the All-Star game patch is on his right chest. That might be a nice addition if you decide to go with Bure and you'd be able to say "This is from Jan. 17, 1998 from the Skills Competition."

It's kind of cool to do a "one time only" jersey from that specific a date.

If I ever get a Selanne Ducks jersey, it's getting that Finland flag for certain.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm a Canucks fan, and I actually have the same '98-'03 white jersey with no number on it.

My all-time favourite player is Kirk McLean, but he barely played in this set and I always associate him with the '94 set.

So the player I'm eventually going to put on it is Markus Naslund. He was arguably the best player in the league in '02-'03, plus he was captain of the team. I've always admired his skill and humility, so it's an easy choice for me.

Gotta go with Linden. That's who is on mine, only mine is better, since it looks like this:

Linden.jpg

Then you need one of these...

92-93

patch_100_small.jpg

93-94

3e57_2.JPGAND 1994_stanley_cup_patch.jpg

94-95

c6b0_2.JPG

They're all on ebay right now just waiting for you.

HansonsSig.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived