Pacman not invited

Broken Record

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...s.ap/index.html

The NFL is examining 10 separate incidents when Jones has been questioned by police since being drafted, including a Feb. 19 triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club.

Normally I try to avoid being critical of athletes having run-ins with the law but considering that Pacman Jones was only drafted two years ago, that equates to 5 incidents per year since he entered the NFL, or one every 70 days give or take. That's just pitiful out and out, if you can't go 3 months without somehow being questioned by the police, then maybe you need to make some changes, quickly.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

bue bue bue bue bue bue splat splat

That may be the best onomatopoeia of the "Pac-Man Death Sound" ever.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...s.ap/index.html

The NFL is examining 10 separate incidents when Jones has been questioned by police since being drafted, including a Feb. 19 triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club.

Normally I try to avoid being critical of athletes having run-ins with the law but considering that Pacman Jones was only drafted two years ago, that equates to 5 incidents per year since he entered the NFL, or one every 70 days give or take. That's just pitiful out and out, if you can't go 3 months without somehow being questioned by the police, then maybe you need to make some changes, quickly.

Which leads to the question of "Why isn't this man playing for the Bengals?"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, but how many of those ten incidents were simply a local cop asking him, " 'Sup?"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes, but how many of those ten incidents were simply a local cop asking him, " 'Sup?"

Judge for yourselves...this list does not include the recently revealed Georgia arrest in 2006 or the arrest and parole violation while at West Virginia for a bar fight. The 'cover' for keeping him out of the off-season work outs is he is recovering from shoulder surgery.

Pacman Jones in trouble: A timeline

Since the Titans drafted cornerback Pacman Jones in 2005 he's been questioned, named or arrested in connection with at least eight off-field incidents:

Strip club incident Where: Atlanta When: April 2005

What: Jones' name appeared on the police incident report after a fight broke out in a strip club. The female involved said she had no plans to pursue the case and it was dismissed.

Comments: "Other than being visible at the place, that is the extent of the story," said Michael Huyghue, Jones' agent. "Unfortunately you can never just be in places where anything can happen, and that is a lesson you learn, even if you are completely not involved."

Titans reaction: Team officials said they believed Jones did nothing wrong.

Hotel incident Where: Nashville When: June 2005

What: Security officials at Regal Maxwell House Hotel had trouble getting two of Jones' friends to clear their room after checkout time. Police arrived, smelled marijuana and found some on a tabletop. Jones was in the room, but one of his friends took full responsibility for the evidence.

Titans reaction: No comment

Nightclub arrest Where: Nashville When: July 2005

What: Jones was arrested on two counts of misdemeanor assault and a felony count of vandalism after a fight at a Nashville nightclub. Charges were dismissed less than a year later.

Titans reaction: "Unfortunately we realize that some young players go through a maturing process to become professionals that includes decision-making, choosing friends, appropriate behavior, etc.," the team said in a statement. "Jones has not finished that maturing process, despite team and league efforts."

Vehicle confiscation Where: Nashville When: April 2006

What: Metro Police said a vehicle registered to Jones was involved in a drug trafficking ring. "Pac Man" was embroidered on the leather seats of a 2004 Cadillac XLR which was confiscated from a friend of Jones. Jones later bought the car back at an auction.

Comments: "Clearly there is some connection between Mr. Jones and one of the arrested individuals," Davidson County District Attorney Torry Johnson said. "But I want to emphasize he has not been charged."

Shots fired Where: Nashville When: April 2006

What: Jones was at the scene where gunshots were fired following an altercation at a Nashville gas station at 1:50 a.m. Police questioned Jones but labeled him only as a witness. The incident occurred just three days after the vehicle confiscation.

Comments: "My name has been falsely dragged into these matters that are completely unrelated to me," Jones said.

Titans reaction: Coach Jeff Fisher met with Jones the next day, but declined to comment.

Nightclub arrest Where: Murfreesboro When: August 2006

What: Jones was arrested and charged with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors, for an incident at Sweetwater Saloon. With six months of good behavior the charges will be dropped, a judge ruled last month.

Comments: "An innocent bystander," Jones said.

Spitting incident Where: Nashville When: October 2006

What: Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after being accused of spitting in the face of a Tennessee State student following a verbal exchange at a downtown nightclub. The charge was dismissed in general sessions court earlier this month.

Comments: "If I'm going to go out, I'm going to have to be at a little private spot,'' Jones said. "Maybe I'll chill out at a jazz bar or something with some older folks."

Triple shooting Where: Las Vegas When: Feb. 19 2007

What: Jones has been questioned by Las Vegas police after he was at the scene of a triple shooting. According to Jones' attorney, the cornerback is not a suspect in the case.

Comments: "(Pacman Jones) told me, 'Man, I am not a suspect and didn't have anything to do with this,' " attorney Worrick Robinson said.

from The Tennessean Wednesday, 02/21/07

RobbyBox2.jpg

PFT has started calling him "Rain Man"... appropriate, I think.

The Titans are the ones that get screwed here. He's obviously a very talented player on the field, but now they have to be feeling some PR pressure to get rid of him. Thus, they will lose one of the top young defenders and returners in the league, as well as take a cap hit for his prorated bonus.

That wouldn't be so bad for them, except that some other team will definitely pick him up to "rehabilitate" him - will that really change anything? The Titans should just hang onto him and suspend him until this blows over. Tell him that if he stays off the sticky icky and out of the club scene until midseason, all is forgiven.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived