Major League Soccer 2007

Breakwood

The season kicks-off in 4 days, with Colorado opening their unfortunately named "Dick's Sporting Goods Park" at home to DC United, nationally televised on ABC.

A total of 12 of the leagues 13 teams will be in action on the weekend. Along with the afformentioned match, FC Dallas travels to Utah to face Real Salt Lake, in Freddy Adu's first match with Salt Lake. New York, and star addition Claudio Renya, travel to Columbus to face the Crew. Last year's MLS Cup runners-up New England, now without Clint Dempsey, will play the Fire in Chicago. The final match of Saturday, sees expansion side Toronto FC, head out west to face 2005 expansion side Chivas USA.

Sunday's lone match sees MLS Cup champions Houston Dynamo host the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Who else is excited for this season?

I'm really pumped to see Toronto FC play an actual match. I have season tickets to see them, and I'm going down to Foxboro to see their second match against New England.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm hoping to check out the big Dick when I'm in Denver over Memorial Day weekend.

I'm actually planning to get MLS Direct Kick this year, so I can see all the games. Of course, I'm more interested in the USL-1 season, but that's because that's the league my local side plays in.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not only this, but MLS sides are acquitting themselves well (at the moment) in the CONCACAF Champions League. DC United plays tonight against Chivas in Mexico, and the Dynamo can punch their ticket to the Final by not coughing up their 2 goal lead against Pachucha.

I'd get Direct Kick, but I never really get the TV here, so I may get their online service.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm interested to see how Fred goes for DC United. He was our best player last season. (Well, apart from Muscat, Thompson and Allsopp) But his 4 assists set up 4 of Archie Thompsons 5 goals on Grand Final Day.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

and the Dynamo can punch their ticket to the Final by not coughing up their 2 goal lead against Pachucha.

Pachucha 5-2 Houston Dynamo (Pachucha advances 5-4 on aggregate)

#%*()%()* # %()*#%()#

:mad:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I only caught the last 15 minutes of normal time, and the extra time, but Pachuca was the much better side. Houston were lucky to send it to extra time, as one of the Houston defenders clearly handled the ball in the area with about 3 minutes to go.

I can't speak for the early part of the match as I didn't see it, so I don't know how Houston played at that point.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'd get Direct Kick, but I never really get the TV here, so I may get their online service.

The MLS online service is now up. $19.95 for the season.

http://web.mlsnet.com/products/

Anyone know where I can see highlights? I know Houston blew a two goal lead via bigsoccer but I just have to see that myself.

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/index.jsp

Archived