New fantasy concept

whchoclte

There are two links below that show the fantasy team concept I did for a buddy.  The team is the Colorado Chaos.  It was designed as a hockey concept but can translate into any sport.  The second link shows the different designs he choose from.  Main colors are a reddish purple, black with red and gray as accents.  The Sickle forms a C for Colorado,  I started with a reaper but didnt liek the skull and thought if u didnt see the face it was more menacing, like a Wraith (guys on teh horses in Lord of the Rings.)

http://www.hometown.aol.com/gregorymalek/coloradochaos.html

http://www.hometown.aol.com/gregorymalek/coloradochaosalternates.html

Let me know what u think.

Nice logos, although I don't immediately associate the grim reaper with "chaos". Chaos makes me think of a natural disaster. Names I associate with the grim reaper are darker names like "Reapers" (no, really?), "Slayers", etc.

Of course, the production work is great, and the art quality is top notch. The sickle gets lost somewhat though, to the point where it looks like there's a grey C shape behind the walking stick-holding Nazgul dude. I think it's the fact that the sickle's blade needs to be curved so much to form the C, that it continually looks less and less like a sickle.

However, it's not a huge problem as the contextual placing of the sickle quickly lead people to the correct conclusion, but it's that moment of unclarity that keeps this logo from being great, IMO. Your work is great whchoclte, so obviously, to help you get better, I have to hold you to a higher standard, so I'm sorry if I sound nitpicky or negative... it really is an outstanding piece of work.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Excellent job. I like the way that the sicle (sp?) represents the C for COlorado, though I see what Psy means by ti becoming lost. Maybe a thisck white and thin black stripe right over his sholder woudl make it look metallic, and thereby look for like a tool.

Also agree with the idea that the team name 'chaos' doesn't exactly fit the logo. But, I do very much like the logo. Top notch quality. I wish we had more of this level of input in design contests!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

this is a great logo, and even better is the wordmark, that is a master piece... heres my 2 cents

im not a fan of the colors- im pretty sure those are supposed to be purple, red, black and silver although to me the red looks magenta

if the red is magenta well... magenta should be avoided from all logos

anyway, you have scary/horror theme going on here- so why the bright colors- keep the black and silver, maybe go with a navy, dark green, maroon, or a deep burnt orange, or even brown

also i agree that the grim reaper maybe isnt the best choice for the word choas, if you feel like making another logo in the same style with the wordmark in the same style:

you could have maybe a supernatural theme, because in greek mythology, first there was chaos- as in reffering to what their was before earth

i really have no idea how that would translate into a logo and probably couldnt but just to let you know some background on the word chaos...

signature.gif

great logo! One thing that mght need a bit of adjusting may be the blade part that curves around the death guy. I also agree with syphi that the logo will probably fit mrore with an other name. However, that is one nice piece of work. Great job. :)

Doh!

Nice logos, although I don't immediately associate the grim reaper with "chaos". Chaos makes me think of a natural disaster. Names I associate with the grim reaper are darker names like "Reapers" (no, really?), "Slayers", etc.

Of course, the production work is great, and the art quality is top notch. The sickle gets lost somewhat though, to the point where it looks like there's a grey C shape behind the walking stick-holding Nazgul dude. I think it's the fact that the sickle's blade needs to be curved so much to form the C, that it continually looks less and less like a sickle.

However, it's not a huge problem as the contextual placing of the sickle quickly lead people to the correct conclusion, but it's that moment of unclarity that keeps this logo from being great, IMO. Your work is great whchoclte, so obviously, to help you get better, I have to hold you to a higher standard, so I'm sorry if I sound nitpicky or negative... it really is an outstanding piece of work.

I pride my originality, but im going to have to echo these exact statements.

i know, cheesy.

But i would like to add that Chaos to me would be colorful, i think the color scheme may be in need of retooling, as everything 'dark' goes for the purple, silver, black look.  

But again, great production, and cool looking logos anyway you put it.

But yes, i dont see the reaper as chaos, death is part of the cycle.

Archived