NBA Suspends Ref Joey Crawford

koizim

NBA zebra Joey Crawford was suspended through at least the Finals for T-ing up Tim Duncan when Duncan was on the bench! He also supposedly challenged Duncan to a fight! Read about it here.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well... something had to be done. Crawford acted WAY over the top. It's not like Duncan erupted and argued the call. He was on the bench laughing like "No Way that just happened". Crawford was looking to Duncan rather than getting re-focused on the game. Basically, looking for some trouble.

He got it!! ....for himself!!

Video Here

I saw it last night on SC and I was like "WTF? How do you get ejected from the bench?! But yeah, lol @ everybody just laughing it off on the SA side.

NBA refs in the spotlight are trying their damndest to be worse than the NFL refs in the spotlight.

I agree something should have been done but suspended indefinitly....that a bit extreme to me. I know Joey Crawford has a history of trying to be the superstar of the game, but I would have said suspend him for the first round of the playoffs and no refing Spurs game for the rest of the playoffs. Well this is probably thr last we'll see of Joey Crawford, like anyone cares.

I hate when refs act like this in any sport when you go to a game you don't want to ever notice the refs, but guys like Crawford want to be noticed thats why they act that way. I think the suspension is deserved and if he acts like this again he should be fired. His brother is a baseball ump Jerry as was his father Shag.

His father btw was the ump with the shoe polish play in the 1969 World Series, tossed Earl Weaver from the game.

He should know better yet he has a history I recall an incident in 1995 with Clyde Drexler.

I mean Duncan and Drexler two of the classiest NBA players and he gets involved in something, thats gotta tell you what Joe Crawford is about and this has to be it one more time hes outta there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Always been my least favorite NBA Official -- he's the kind of guy that wants the sort of attention that officials shouldn't get. Ain't he the referee that called, like, five technical fouls within the span of a quarter once? So this kind of stuff isn't without precedence. I wish he would resign again like he did before the strike season.

IUe6Hvh.png

This was especially satisfying for me because my brother and I traveled up to Philly for a Sixers-Mavs game. We had great courtside seats (StubHub had them really cheap for some reason) and we were heckling Jerry Stackhouse. Nothin' serious, just normal stuff. So 'Mr.Stackhouse' alerts one of the refs for that game that we were distracting him while was shooting <_< . The ref told an usher to inform us that if we didn't stop the jeering we would be thrown out of the arena. The ref Jerry alerted? Joey :censored:in' Crawford. So, this suspension is extra-nice for me and my bro.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived