Feedback on a freelance job

nyjet88

OK. Here is the bottom line: I took this job at a very cheap rate. I am not looking to go all out and fancy with it. I started this yesterday and want to be done within a week, tops.

Please tell me what you think of the right side of the page. I have two boxes set up in two different colors and need your opinion as to which color is more effective. Or, is it good to use both of those colors?

Thanks for your input!!!!

Click here for the site.

BTW, the site is all in graphics right now, no text, but that will not be the final outcome.

The green box contrasts with the menu bar and therefore stands out better. I would have whichever box the client wants to be clicked more as the contrasting box, I'd imagine it's the one you already have as green.

The green box contrasts with the menu bar and therefore stands out better. I would have whichever box the client wants to be clicked more as the contrasting box, I'd imagine it's the one you already have as green.

Thanks for the input. Would you agree that it would be wise to stick with these colors only now? I feel if I add any more, it might look tacky.

I like the blue much, much more. But I like the blue on this website, and I like it for the same reasons -- it's soothing and pleasant.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the blue much, much more. But I like the blue on this website, and I like it for the same reasons -- it's soothing and pleasant.

So are you saying no green?

I'm saying no green, but could you make two builds with just a green or blue box? I think it'd be easier to tell that way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Taken individually, either color works fine as they are done quite well. Put into the whole page, the green stands out to the point where it almost sticks out. There isn't any green on the page aside from that box. I'd either go with the blue box to maintain the whole feel of the page. Or add some green highlights or something to blend in the green box as well.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I'd change the font, It's probably not, but it looks very similar to the infamous Times New Roman.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

using both looks great IMO. The green works off the little green places of text well, and it also seems to play off the picture shadow. The blue fits in on its own, so i like the idea of using both.

I'd change the font, It's probably not, but it looks very similar to the infamous Times New Roman.

the infamous times new roman?!!!

mate. its THE standard serif font. thats like saying, "your site seems to be using lots of the infamous white colour."

its like helvetica or universe or one of the system fonts. by definition, it transcends overuse.

that is the strangest thing ive ever heard on these forums and you have some tough competition.

mate. its THE standard serif font. thats like saying, "your site seems to be using lots of the infamous white colour."

its like helvetica or universe or one of the system fonts. by definition, it transcends overuse.

that is the strangest thing ive ever heard on these forums and you have some tough competition.

I trying to say that Times New Roman is infamous for it's overuse, not on it's design - I like it, It's a nice font - but unfortunatly due to overuse - seeing as it is usually a default font - It now comes across as "Nothing special"

Being specific helps!

:D

I trying to say that Times New Roman is infamous for it's overuse, not on it's design - I like it, It's a nice font - but unfortunatly due to overuse - seeing as it is usually a default font - It now comes across as "Nothing special"

Being specific helps!

That looks more like Georgia than Times New Roman.

Being specific helps!

That looks more like Georgia than Times New Roman.

But you also have to take into account the general non-font-expert public's viewpoint, I'm sure you can agree with me that it does look similar to TNR.

Archived