Team Canada **UPDATED**

SG30

LOOK DOWN FOR UPDATES

Here's my concept for team Canada. No its not swift, but oh well. I absolutely hate what they have now. The logo is the current style of leaf that they are using now, however, I made it one color and ditched the skater. I also added a "Canada" wordmark and some crossed hockey sticks behind it, because it looked a little plain as just the leaf IMO. The font is the current Buffalo Sabres one. As for the colors, origionally I wasn't going to use black, however, I think it looks ok in this concept. The goalie equiptment was an afterthought. I was bored and I thought it'd be a cool thing to do. The helmet is my first helmet concept ever, and its my first time working with a template in the GIMP. Before that, its been all wallpapers and watermarking in the gimp. It could definetly use some improvement, so tell me your thoughts on what could be done. The leaf is kind of patchy because I tried to make it look like it was airbrushed and stuff, also, the words on the chin part don't match up if this was to be transfered into real life. Let me know what you think about it. And for the pads, I just went onto the Vaughn site and just customized some and pasted them into this concept. C&C please!

teamcanadawithmarkzr4.png

WOW. I like the fact that you add the goalie equipement to the concept...

One thing I would do is arrange the sleeve numbers on the back version of the jersey because according to what I see there, you #30 becomes #03..

Other than that and the leaf's stork, It`s a well done concept..

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Fix the mask and you've got a solid concept.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Nice concept!

My only gripe is the unnecessary use of black. I'm not saying eliminate it entirely because then it would draw comparisons to the Red Wings (to which it would inevitably lose since the Red Wings have achieved red & white perfection), but it could definetly be kept to a minimum here.

First of all, make the striping at the bottom of the jersey like what you have on the socks. Also, you need a thin white stripe to break up your black & white striping. Without it, black and red tend to run into each other. Finally, change the numbers from black w/ red outlines to red w/black outlines.

Will you be posting the dark jerseys?

Very nice.

I think the maple leaf is fine but it needs its 'stork'.

Haha by "stork" do you mean "stem"?

In anycase, i really like these, it's original yet simple. It might be my monitor, but it looks to me like the sticks are a tad blurry, but like I said it could be my monitor.

All in all, nice job, these are pretty cool, and yes, I'd like to see the leaf with a "stem" :)

I made a few changes. I added the much wanted "stork" to the leaf. I also took illwauk's suggestions on the colors, and IMO it looks better like this. koizim, if you could elaborate on what you'd like to see done to the helmet, then I'll touch that up. And Drevel, talk to Le Quebecois (i'll fix the spelling) about the template.

teamcanadawithmarkjy9.png

I made a few changes. I added the much wanted "stork" to the leaf. I also took illwauk's suggestions on the colors, and IMO it looks better like this. koizim, if you could elaborate on what you'd like to see done to the helmet, then I'll touch that up. And Drevel, talk to Les Quebicois (i'll fix the spelling) about the template.

teamcanadawithmarkjy9.png

Don't forget the numbers on the sleeves of the back version of the jersey... They're inverted...

What can I say, I like to check all the details...

Sign: Les Quebicois a.k.a. Le Quebecois ;)

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

You're second version is great, I really like them. The addition of the stem made a huge difference believe it or not.

The only thing I would suggest is that on the red jerseys, add a black outline to the name b/c you have a black outline on the numbers.

These really look great though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived