Columbus Ghostriders

neo_prankster

Great renditions, NYY. I'm glad you shrunk the right eye socket a bit, that was the only thing that bugged me about the logo.

However, I recommend you get rid of that pupil and iris in the left eye--a blank socket is one of the things that's so creepy and powerful about a skull.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Great renditions, NYY. I'm glad you shrunk the right eye socket a bit, that was the only thing that bugged me about the logo.

However, I recommend you get rid of that pupil and iris in the left eye--a blank socket is one of the things that's so creepy and powerful about a skull.

here is a version with the empty eye socket look

skullflame4dh2.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

much better w/ the empty socket - not sold on the gradient (although this is as good a use of a gradient as i've seen) and i'd like to see you tie the wordmark and logo together a bit more...great stuff neo prankster and nyy3351

jldesigns404eo.png

You know what, I just had an idea. Believe it or not, I've been inspired by those dorky helmets of Oregon's.

And are you planning on sharing your idea with the rest of class?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Yep, here you go:

flamehelmet.png

Basically what I did was made three layers. The first layer was the helmet itself, which I filled the shell in with a medium gray. Second layer I applied a flame filter and gave the flame a gradient from light gray to dark gray. Final layer I put down a red-orange with an opacity of ~85% to simulate a kandy coating. Looks decent, IMO, although I can't get the flames quite right.

cttdolphins2.png

Archived