Colorado Rapids Logo Concept

Nick 1733

Well, I have been meaning to do this for a while and finally got to it.

What I did was incorperate the 'Rapids' into the new shield logo, and it wasn't easy, believe me.

I tried it first by using the old colors with the new sky blue, but just couldn't get it to work out, so this is what I did... I used the current colors, switched the dark gray out for a forest green color and used the old royal blue for the rapids themselves.

And here's what I got:

Rapids01.gif

Holy complexity, Batman!

Boil that down to the bare essentials, and you've got a winner. As it is, way too much maroon, light blue, dark blue, gray, white, dark green, maroon, light blue, gray, light blue, gray... you get the picture.

It's a cool idea, but the over-complexity issue is going to happen when you combine two logos that previously stood alone.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Holy complexity, Batman!

Boil that down to the bare essentials, and you've got a winner. As it is, way too much maroon, light blue, dark blue, gray, white, dark green, maroon, light blue, gray, light blue, gray... you get the picture.

It's a cool idea, but the over-complexity issue is going to happen when you combine two logos that previously stood alone.

Yea, I agree with ya there.

I had a VERY difficult time working with the colors. The only color I added from the older logo was the royal blue, the forest green is new, but it just replaced the dark gray that was already there. The rest are the current Rapids colors.

I dunno, it's not been as easy to put them together as I thought it would be. I mean it bothers me that they are the Rapids but have none in their logo, but I also like their shield "soccer" logo, so I am trying to put the two together.

Have any ideas for the colors?

Holy complexity, Batman!

Yea, I agree with ya there.

I had a VERY difficult time working with the colors. The only color I added from the older logo was the royal blue, the forest green is new, but it just replaced the dark gray that was already there. The rest are the current Rapids colors.

I dunno, it's not been as easy to put them together as I thought it would be. I mean it bothers me that they are the Rapids but have none in their logo, but I also like their shield "soccer" logo, so I am trying to put the two together.

Have any ideas for the colors?

Thats trippy man. I love it but for football logos, i think you may need to simplify it down abit but other than that great work

I really like that. Their first logo was not much of a soccer logo but more a logo that represented the team name. The new one is more of a soccer style logo. Yours is a perfect blend of the first logo and the new logo and it combinds a rapids thyemed logo with a soccer logo. Great Job!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I think the blue used for the rapids looks out of place. Maybe use the light blue, but I'm not sure. It's a great job though.

I agree, the rapids look outta place. I think 5 colors is a bit much. Maybe make the rapids lt. blue Or replace all the dark green with the "Rapids blue."

Reduce it to 4 colors and it'd be a lot better IMO.

Overall

A, could be A++

Great job mixing "old" and current/new.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived