R2 Designs

Alphabet Man

logotake1.jpg

R stands for Red, a name I plan on using in the long-run.

I know it aint complete, but I'd like some help.

I think it's mssing something, but not sure what - something around the R2 is missing.

So I ask for help.

How can I improve it?

Thanks fellas.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

just a point but any design company named after a colour or an animal or the worst a coloured animal just makes me want to scream. it doesnt mean anything. alphabet man is way better. just use that. its far more original.

I know what R2d2 is.

Seems you need some more red in there, Matt - can you explain the significance of "red" and "two"? You may want to call the label redtwo designs - it's a little bit more straightforward. That may be a start to some more creative options

No real significance but 'red' was a name i kinda like to expand upon in other areas (and ventures). I'm not exactly sure what the 2 part means, but something like 'future' somehow.

I might go with redtwo.

I got the idea to use navy from Richard Branson's Virgin Blue airlines (discount Australian airlines, like the one he's starting out of San Fransisco) which is actually red like everything Virgin.

I might go researching a bit further.

I know what R2d2 is.

Seems you need some more red in there, Matt - can you explain the significance of "red" and "two"? You may want to call the label redtwo designs - it's a little bit more straightforward. That may be a start to some more creative options

No real significance but 'red' was a name i kinda like to expand upon in other areas (and ventures). I'm not exactly sure what the 2 part means, but something like 'future' somehow.

I might go with redtwo.

I got the idea to use navy from Richard Branson's Virgin Blue airlines (discount Australian airlines, like the one he's starting out of San Fransisco) which is actually red like everything Virgin.

OK, here's what's funny if you really didn't realize the Star Wars connotation of "R2." "Red Two" is one of the call signs used by the "X-wing" fighter pilots attacking the Death Star in...you guessed it...Star Wars. From Wikipedia:

"Red Squadron, the forerunner of Rogue Squadron, is first featured in A New Hope (1977) during the attack on the first Death Star. This appearance features many notable Rogue Squadron pilots, including Biggs Darklighter ("Red Three"), Jek Porkins ("Red Six"), Wedge Antilles ("Red Two"), and Luke Skywalker ("Red Five"). The squadron went on to appear in The Empire Strikes Back at the Battle of Hoth and in Return of the Jedi during the attack on the second Death Star."

Whatever you may choose for your name and logo...may the force be with you.

Sorry, I had to say it. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I really like that idea best so far. I am seeing a deep red with kind of a slate or greyish color to go along with it. Good luck.

I know what R2d2 is.

I might go with redtwo.

OK, here's what's funny if you really didn't realize the Star Wars connotation of "R2."

So I missed something in not watching any Star Wars. Dang!

Sarcasm.

One thing is it'd be better if you arched the letters instead of arced. Basically, Keep the vertical lines straight vertical, but the horizontal lines would be arched. It'd leave less negative space and look sharper.

Thats giving me an idea. I'll draw up some idea tonight when I get home.

Archived