Eating Crow Pie

Discrim

So I'm chillin one day, and I was recalling how many baseball jerseys in history have emulated the St. Louis Cardinals' birds-on-bat. The IL Baltimore Orioles, Santurce Crabbers, Tulane Green Wave, Vanderbilt Commodores, UL Monroe, old Portland Beavers, and many others in the mists of time. A related thought then manifested itself: the fact that you don't really see many equivalents in other sports. Basketball and football are kinda hard to do this with, as sticks aren't used to play either, and down markers would seem kinda corny. Hockey would be a natural, but most crests don't lend themselves too well to doing this.

So with equipment being tricky to deal with, surroundings are my homeboys here, and I'll delve into that last.

First, though the home barberpoles.

crowspage_crowshome.png

These here are basically righting a wrong, as the Crows are one of the few teams in the history of sports that got their look right the first time. blue, red and gold are South Australia's state colors, and the Crows rock them well. From inception in 1991 to 2005, their homes were essentially this, and nothing coulda been added to them or taken away to improve em. Last year, though, adidas proved this point when it became AFC's manufacturer and added two pointless stripes that wrap around from the front hem to the back collar. (seen here)

While we're here, may as well go over the funny looking A...I drew up the idea for a clash, and in the process also drew up a couple A lettermarks. The idea of making it barberpole only came after I started on the concept, though, to tie in with their jumper. The outline color is sepia (or at least it has that name on my program).

Next, the aways. if you're new to footy, not all clubs have an away jumper, but those that do usually prefer it to be the same color as the home jumper with a different design.

crowspage_crowsaway.png

folks who follow hockey probably know who inspired a pretty notable part of this guernsey. a larger A now appears on this jumper, along with a crow perched on top of it. This one, I only did because I felt just unveiling a clash that actually looked good wasn't enough, but I'm glad I did it. Now I'ma delve into what I was talkin about in the first paragraph.

Finally, the coup de grace, the clash. again, if you're new to footy, traditionally not everybody has a clash, cus footy fans prefer telling teams apart by short color rather than jersey color (or in this case, jumper colour), but the AFL has mandated that starting this year, all member teams have one. Anyways, I thought about where most folks usually see crows and generally they're seen perched on powerlines or branches. So here we go, the crows-on-powerline jumper.

crowspage_crowsclash.png

hope yall like it, speak on it. B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

you know, i think you could make some really sweet stuff if you were able to step up from paint. You seem to have a knack for logos

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

you know, i think you could make some really sweet stuff if you were able to step up from paint. You seem to have a knack for logos

It's been a while since I used paint for anything. Windows Draw is an old program, but it does its job well.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Its good to see the barberpole stayed in the fold. South Australia's main colour is red so it'd be cool to see a red alt instead of the yellow.

Either way, that yellow alt hints at this:

330.jpg

Believe it or not but that uniform is from 1992 and not the 70's.

sig.png

It's been a while since I used paint for anything. Windows Draw is an old program, but it does its job well.

i meant a higher quality program. you def seem to make the most of what you got but i think you could do some real solid work with photoshop even. Thats what i use and im getting the hang of how to create formidable logos. The creativity/artistic ability already seems to be there. (For most stuff you do anyways:))

And he could present his creations better if he spoke like an adult.

Why would you even bother to post this? I dont see where you get off saying it anyways.

That, plus your sig just makes you come off as a miserable person

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

That yellow Clash jumper is possibly my favorite Discrimihater creation ever. Just so ya know. ^_^

That clash jumper is BRILLIANT ... I wish some of the AFL clubs had shown some vision (like this) in this area - Richmond & Essendon, you know I'm talking about you.

Love the concept, not diggin' the "A", but love everything else, especially the notiion that Adelaide got it right from the start. Beautiful work.

Greg

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Archived