design magazines

kc51design

Do you have subscription on any design related magazines, why, what are benefits from those, would you recoment, what's value for the money...

I have on Computer Arts Projects - I like step by step on some projects, and it follows all the trends in design industry. Also there are free software, stock photo, fonts and other things on CD included.

I also like to read Print Magazine, it's more for concept ideas then design ideas...

there is nothing wrong with them but i dont think they are great value.

if you are using computer arts then its good for technical stuff (we are frequent contributers at work actually)

but things like cr and print are a bit up their own arse. the stuff is out there on the internet already, you dont need the mags to tell you whats good.

i love before&after, an inexpensive online .pdf publication. for mags, i like print, layers is all right, computer arts as well is pretty nice, but as was stated, they are expensive. photoshop magazine is really helpful is you're into it that much.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I find that Photoshop User is useful occasionally... not enough to subscribe to, as there's a lot that I won't use or already know... but it's worth flipping through in the bookstore and committing to memory some of the techniques they illustrate

Although filled to the brim with ads (I guess they all are though) GDUSA does some really nice contests throughout the year. (Some of my work will be in the InHouse design contest in June/July!!)

I've always liked Print and HOW but bulk at the cost. I know its not "that much" but still...40 or so bucks for 6 issues seems a bit steep to me. I do go to Borders and "browse" threw them every now and then

I usually page through the issues of Print every time I go to the copy center at school. I've been unbelievably short of cash the past year, but I hope to subscribe sometime this year.

I cant think of the name, but I wanted this one so bad about 7 years ago...

Its a quarterly and its like at least $50 an issue....I cant remember the name though. I got copies from my brother who was an architect in SF and his boss ordered like 30 magazines a month.

I could never spend that much on a magazine, but if design were my #1 passion I would.

Archived