Columbia College

kewp80

kewp - the bottom portion of your logo (eyes down) is very nice, but the top is...well, it's not nearly as nice - there is way too much going on with the forhead...find a way to fill that area with something that looks natural and i think you've got a nice logo

jldesigns404eo.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back side (outside) of the ears - consider making it dark? And on the forhead, instead of that wide thin arc at the top - perhaps lose that and replace it with a dark upside down V-shape that that tapers as it runs from the bridge of the nose up. Cats heads actually have troughs running from between the eyes on up. This will reflect that. Right now it looks a bit more like a human forhead. You are making great progress so far, though.

LT

My only advice would be to look at the actual original logo more while you're trying to determine new lines.

I've always been told since elementary school days that art is 90% observing and 10% drawing, and that's absolutely true. Don't try to make lines on the forehead based on what you think a cats forehead looks like, actually look at the forehead and figure your lines out from there.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

The back side (outside) of the ears - consider making it dark? And on the forhead, instead of that wide thin arc at the top - perhaps lose that and replace it with a dark upside down V-shape that that tapers as it runs from the bridge of the nose up. Cats heads actually have troughs running from between the eyes on up. This will reflect that. Right now it looks a bit more like a human forhead. You are making great progress so far, though.

LT

I hope this is what you were talking about. If not I'll try and work on it more, C&C please!

CC_primary2.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here's what I would do;

{I made a visual in paint, sorry I got kinda carried away :P , I also provided the visual I used}

cougar.png

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

LT

I hope this is what you were talking about. If not I'll try and work on it more, C&C please!

CC_primary2.png

I love the ears now - fantastic. As far as the "V" you are getting closer, but its not quite there yet. The best thing I can point you to is the photo in the LEWJ's post below mine. See the dark line running up the middle of the forehead? That is what you need to show. I said to flare it at the bottom but perhaps it would look better flared a bit at the top (hinted at by the little triangle at the top of the head in LEWJ's sketch next to his photo). Just keep in mind its a trough, or a ditch, running up through there.

LT

Sorry I've been pretty busy lately and got sidetracked with school winding down now, but here's the latest update. Honestly I don't see how the Cougar looks like he's looking up, but if most of the people here think so then I can change it later. Anyway C&C please!

CC_primary.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

i just don't get why you continue to put all those lines on the forehead...don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful concept from the eyes down, but it just doesn't work above the eyes...maybe you could make the head a bit more compact and lose some of the forehead so that you don't feel the need to fill that space...or maybe you could fill it with shapes that compliment the curves and act as shading...anything but the random lines you are filling it with now would probably work...

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived