Panther Logo

eRay

I don't want to be rude and Im being completely honest.....

I think the main thing that is missing is a mastery of your tools. You just need to work with Illustrator a lot longer, its like riding a bike. With that said, I think there are too many hands in the cookie jar on this one. Do what you want for practice, I dont think you're at the point where you should be charging anyone.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you're saying, but I think just one tooth doesn't read as clearly as a mouth... looks more like a pinching claw... I kind of see the two teeth as a necessary artistic deviation from reality... representing a mouthful of teeth without showing all of them....

not getting defensive, just explaining my thought process... and why it might work with two... one just didn't feel like enough...

i think you need to show the back teeth as being CLEARLY in the back, then...maybe overlapped more and, as schelmetproject suggests, smaller than the front - the perspective is really screwy on the last version...that being said, i like everything else about your tweak, patsfan - it retains the spirit of eray's logo, but improves upon it tremendously

jldesigns404eo.png

I will be starting another logo for this client that is a different view of a panther. I want to thank everyone for their help, but in the next attempt maybe nobody else will do their own version of the logo to help me, some people do not seem to like that, even though that is what the boards are for. and do not worry, the logo we all helped make is safe on my computer for somebodys future use. I understand about the teeth and they have been fixed, I think it is working good, it references lots of teeth, but it is not 2 same shaped teeth.

sorry if I got carried away and overstepped my bounds... not sure if I did, but sorry if that's the case.. :)

no no no, this board is for helping people and you certainly helped, you did nothing wrong. This time I just don't want people to be able to say that the physical work isn't totally mine. I will still need guidance and suggestions, and that should be enough. thanks again for your input on the last one.

I have been working on this off and on, waiting for feedback from the client is the worst part. First off, I am trying to make a logo that features a head-on, prowling black panther, because that is what the client wants. I basically tried to take the last logo and turn it to a head-on view, because I liked the way the old one looked. The motion is certainly lost, but the client wants a prowling panther about to attack, so i am trying to make it work. I am trying the circle idea, just so the logo can be used on a lot of things, and with many different sports teams for the school. I will pump out a secondary paw print logo sometime soon, an idea that Nyy3351 had for a primary, but the client would like more for a secondary. Anyway, feedback on the panther, the whole logo, the typography, its all good.

Poland_Panthers1.png

I think this is the best of the ones you've put in this thread. Echoing what Kewp said, the face needs a little more work. I think the eyes need to be bigger, right now they seem a little closed or squinting.

The big thing that you need to fix is the feet. The right paw (from the panthers perspective) is flat at the top. That does not look natural. You need to round it out and make it more "paw-like." Same with the left paw althogh it's positioning makes it a little better. You're entire logo is curvy and the bottom of your paws are straight. There's a disconnect.

In regards to you secondary I think you can go many ways. One, just get rid of the circle and have the the current logo alone. Two, use that rotated version you were talking about, giving that sense of motion. Three, using a paw. And four, using just the head of the current logo.

Personally I think a secondary logo, unless drastically different from the primary, needs to be a stripped down version of the primary. Of the four options that I've suggested, I think you should do number four. It's more original than a swiping paw and it's smaller than a full body shot making it useful for patches, decals, and such. This is a solid concept and I think you are close to having one to be very proud of.

Good luck.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived