Panther Logo

eRay

I have been contacted to design an identity for a school back where I am originally from, and I am in need of some help. First the school wanted me to recolor the FIU Panther logo and replace "Golden" with "Poland" but I told them I am against doing work like that, so now I am in the process of creating an original logo for them. I just started today, but I am already in need of you guys. The colors are Royal Blue and Black, but I could work in a little Yellow if I wanted. I started working on a head on look of a panther, and I am kind of stuck. I need to know if you guys think a head on view can work, I am just working on the head first, a body will come. If a head on view can work, what is working in the current digital sketch I have? What isn't working? Just trying to get some feedback before I get too deep into the logo that I can't take a step back and feel comfortable redoing it. A wordmark will come along when the body does, but I think the head needs to be in place first. Throw all your comments at me, good and bad, they all help.

Panther_head.png

Thanks a lot everyone, and this will be updated as I make changes, hopefully up until the final version.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if all else fails, you can just design a paw mark similar to clemson. It would be a simple but classy logo. Right now though that panther head certainly needs work..if i were you id gather a bunch of photos and maybe some inspirational logos

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I have been contacted to design an identity for a school back where I am originally from, and I am in need of some help. First the school wanted me to recolor the FIU Panther logo and replace "Golden" with "Poland" but I told them I am against doing work like that, so now I am in the process of creating an original logo for them. I just started today, but I am already in need of you guys. The colors are Royal Blue and Black, but I could work in a little Yellow if I wanted. I started working on a head on look of a panther, and I am kind of stuck. I need to know if you guys think a head on view can work, I am just working on the head first, a body will come. If a head on view can work, what is working in the current digital sketch I have? What isn't working? Just trying to get some feedback before I get too deep into the logo that I can't take a step back and feel comfortable redoing it. A wordmark will come along when the body does, but I think the head needs to be in place first. Throw all your comments at me, good and bad, they all help.

Panther_head.png

Thanks a lot everyone, and this will be updated as I make changes, hopefully up until the final version.

No offense, but he looks like a mentally challenged Panther. A real mouth breather.

Panther_head.png

No offense, but he looks like a mentally challenged Panther. A real mouth breather.

I happen to agree. Sorry.

Panther_head.png

thats fine with me, thats why i brought it to the boards, I knew it wasn't working the way it was and some decisions needed to be made. like i said, it is just a digital sketch so i can get my ideas flowing, and it has worked. I have an idea I am working on and nyy3351 is offering to sort of collaborate with me and put in some of his own ideas. I will update as soon as we have something going. thanks for all the responses.

Panther_head.png

thats fine with me, thats why i brought it to the boards, I knew it wasn't working the way it was and some decisions needed to be made. like i said, it is just a digital sketch so i can get my ideas flowing, and it has worked. I have an idea I am working on and nyy3351 is offering to sort of collaborate with me and put in some of his own ideas. I will update as soon as we have something going. thanks for all the responses.

Well, I look forward to seeing what you have to come!

First update is coming later that I thought, I have been working on this idea i had that came from making the panther head come off the top side of a "P", and originally this had no relation to the Charlotte Bobcat. After my third drawing I thought to myself "this looks almost exactly like the bobcats logo, damn" but I decided to run with it anyway. I lifted the basic shape of the face from this logo...

SmallPanther2.jpg

but other than that I have been staying original. The colors make me think Carolina Panthers, but these are the colors I was given to work with, so I have learned to deal with it. The combination of the above image and the bobcats logo is basically my result, but this is by no means done, and will no doubt go through many revisions, so I am not worried about originality being a problem in the future, it will take on it's own shape and form as I make revisions.

panthers_uno.png

i know this needs a lot of work, so any help you guys can give me is great. And as always, if it looks like a a "mentally challenged panther", let me know, these are things I want to get out of the way before this logo becomes a reality. Thanks for all the help.

Big improvement. I'd work on maybe making the neck a little more rounded, so it looks less like the Bobcats logo, and maybe focus the eyes to make it look like it's pouncing, rather than afraid.

Also, you said you could use some yellow... I'd make more of the project black, and maybe put some yellow into the eyes.

I think if you incorporated some gold into it it'd look much better, but it's a great improvement over the ifrst one. The eye looks a little messed up, but I don't know what's wrong with it. The end of the tounge almost looks like a third tooth coming out of nowhere, so I'd get rid of that all together.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

you dont just have to do a head. perhaps try and include a bit of the panther persona.

found this image, perhaps it will give you some ideas

panther.jpg

panther is actually the generic term for most of the big cats: cougars, leopards, jaguars etc. but i thinkyou had the coulours right on the first image. black with blue highlights.

you dont just have to do a head. perhaps try and include a bit of the panther persona.

found this image, perhaps it will give you some ideas

panther.jpg

panther is actually the generic term for most of the big cats: cougars, leopards, jaguars etc. but i thinkyou had the coulours right on the first image. black with blue highlights.

Honestly, I think this would be an excellent idea for a Panther logo. But doesn't it look like it's kind of in a, how should I put it, "delicate" position?

yes, this panther is obviously stalking :censored:.

if you dont like that one, then i reckon the first one was best, it just didnt look that mean.

had a quick bash at what i mean. its a bit boss eyed etc but its a bit closer to the standard school logos. maybe you could do something with the idea? i took a fair few cues from teh penrith rl logo.

panther.jpg

That looks great, but how many teeth across the front does a panther have? I was thinking only 4 between the canines.

f'kin 'el! to be honest, i wasnt going for anatomical accuracy. its a very rough 10 minute job, and not very well proportioned. just an idea in terns of a look

Archived