New Texas A&M logo may have been leaked

cajunaggie08

Okay, first off, it's "corps", as in military, not "core". Crazy teasippers...

As for the logo, A&M has had beveling for some time. The catch is it has never been on the A or M, only the T. They've also had a T-star which is also beveled.

Personally, I don't like any beveling. It screws up a very solid college logo that has had great staying power, with few variations. It is better than the outlined garbage they used to have, though.

plus if they slap that beveled version on the helmets it's going to look like a (TX) Tech knockoff. I say leave it the way it is.

newsig.jpg

So do I. By now, Tech has been beveled for a while, so it'd look weird w/o it. A&M's look, like I've already said, is distinctive.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the most comments in this thread have been made by UT fans? :P

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm pretty bad at beveling too, so I tend to stay away from it, but on block letters...c'mon...

By my count the amoung of bevel shadings missing on each letter:

T: 3

A: 5

M: 6

That's pitiful.

I agree with Justin. If you are going to do it, then do it right. BTW, I saw a great tutorial on beveling on letterheadfonts.com, you all should check it out. I absolutely love beveling. When done right, it certainly adds another level to the design. When I make my own custom fonts I always make a beveled version, if possible, just for the hell of it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here are a couple of other versions of the new logo.

2ndlogo_MCG6.jpg

2ndlogo_MW.jpg

The above logo is probably what will end up on the helmets. I sure hope we dont put beveled version on the helmet. With the previous version, most merchandise was sold with the beveled T. I believe Nike helped create the beveled T back in the 90's but that logo was designed to match the shape of the logo that had been on the helmet for years because the school logo and most of the merchandise matched either of the following 2 logos

TxAM_9tk2kr8wodbh951x7cug.gif

b0000c63twl11.jpg

I'm not sure why the school felt like messing with it again. I know there needs to be some consistancy with our logo usage bust adding another version of the A&M logo will make it impossible for any of the merchandise to match up. Plus fans will be all wearing different styles of maroon. I know the logo on all campus buildings matches the first old one i showed. I guess the new logo is a combination of both old and new logos. i just wish they would have done a better job beveling the A and M.

my buddy is the one who designed all the new marks in the early 90's when we were at Nike. He's gonna be pissed they messed with it and did a shoddy job to make matters worse. The plan was to bring consistency to the marks and usage across the licensed product, obviously the school or the collegate licensing group doesn't care.

So do I. By now, Tech has been beveled for a while, so it'd look weird w/o it. A&M's look, like I've already said, is distinctive.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the most comments in this thread have been made by UT fans? :P

Most Aggies are kind of ashamed of the fact, so I don't blame them :) :)

That being said, this definitely feels like a downgrade, and something that's fairly unnecessary and stupid.

• 1 month later...

Archived