MLB Player and City Wallpapers

bcdevil

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a Mets fan, that would've been on my desktop the moment I saw it.

You should turn this into a series.

Thanks for the feedback. I may try to do other teams as long as I can find high quality city images.

BCBannersSig.png

Thanks for the feedback. I may try to do other teams as long as I can find high quality city images.

An Astros one would be great.

I agree -- if I liked the Metropolitans, that would be my desktop from right now until the end of the season. And by the way, that is a fantastic photograph of New York.

One question and one critique:

1. Why was the ESB lit up in blue and orange? I know they can do an almost unlimited combination of colors, but I thought it was usually done for holidays, and the only one I can find for yesterday is Canada's Victoria Day. Just curious.

2. The one thing that doesn't work for me is the way the players are aligned as if standing at the New York shore. I think this would be more effective if the players' legs disappeared off the bottom of the picture (or perhaps if the players were behind the skyline). The current layout makes the rive, not the skyline or the ESB, the focus of the image. And by creating an artificial horizontal break at the river's shore, you also flatten the depth of field in the photo. Instead of a picture receding indefinitely to the horizon, you create the impression of two flat planes.

20082614447.png

I agree -- if I liked the Metropolitans, that would be my desktop from right now until the end of the season. And by the way, that is a fantastic photograph of New York.

One question and one critique:

1. Why was the ESB lit up in blue and orange? I know they can do an almost unlimited combination of colors, but I thought it was usually done for holidays, and the only one I can find for yesterday is Canada's Victoria Day. Just curious.

2. The one thing that doesn't work for me is the way the players are aligned as if standing at the New York shore. I think this would be more effective if the players' legs disappeared off the bottom of the picture (or perhaps if the players were behind the skyline). The current layout makes the rive, not the skyline or the ESB, the focus of the image. And by creating an artificial horizontal break at the river's shore, you also flatten the depth of field in the photo. Instead of a picture receding indefinitely to the horizon, you create the impression of two flat planes.

The ESB is actually lit every night for one reason or another (it's not always a holiday). Every so often, it is just white light (the standard ESB scheme). On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the building's crown featured 2 different color schemes for the first time in it's history to honor the Subway Series. The north and south sides were blue and white for the Yankees and the east and west sides were blue and orange for the Mets. The winner of the 3 game series had Monday night all to itself. By winning Friday and Saturday, the Mets got the honor of having the blue and orange on all 4 sides last night. It just so happened that it was a very clear night so I went out and took the shot. Starting tonight and for the next 8 nights, the crown will be red, white and blue in honor of NYC's Fleet Week. Here's the schedule page, which includes a history of the color schemes used: ESB Lighting Schedule

BCBannersSig.png

I'd be more than willing to help you find a decent Milwaukee photo if you could do one for the Brewers.

Haha damn I was actualy thinking of doing something along the lines of this. As a Mets fan, I like it, but my desktop is devoted to my iggles right now. Question: How do you make the outerglow of the players a different color? From what I know it can only be like a white outline.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Haha damn I was actualy thinking of doing something along the lines of this. As a Mets fan, I like it, but my desktop is devoted to my iggles right now. Question: How do you make the outerglow of the players a different color? From what I know it can only be like a white outline.

In Photoshop, if you go to the layer style and the outer glow tab, it will show you a default whiteish color. Just double click on the color box and select a new color.

BCBannersSig.png

HHA wow McCall you read my mind. I'm actually in the process of making a St. Louis wallpaper (like I said, I had this same idea earlier and decided to do St. Louis because of the arch, which would make a great backround)

But right now I'm doing it with all 3 of the major St. Louis sports teams (rams, cards, blues, I don't know if there's any more)

If you want one with just the Cards, I can send it to you right now through this thread (hope you don't mind devil)

And bcdevil, I still don't see that color tab you're talking about. Where exactly is it? I'm at the layer styles and outer glows tab. Do you have elements 2?

spacer.png

i love that wallpaper, here is the link to a DC skyline if you could do a Nats one with Zimmerman and Schneider please!

http://www.thecoveragelawfirm.com/image/15761157.jpg

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think it turned out pretty well. C&C is appreciated, and McCall if you'd like to see it changed I can do that.

And donjuan if you'd like me to do one I can do one for DC

That's nice. I like how you put the huddle under the arch. Even though seeing them celebrate anything from last year is tough for me, it works out very well.

I will give the Nats one a try. I am also going to work on a Brewers one, an Astros one and both Chicago teams.

BCBannersSig.png

alright I've made my own thread (Chestnutz sigs) that'll have my own work in it. Anyways, donjuan since bcdevil was going to make a Nats one, I decided to make a Capitals one. I made it pretty quickly so it's not that good, but better than nothin' right?

capitals.jpg

spacer.png

alright I've made my own thread (Chestnutz sigs) that'll have my own work in it. Anyways, donjuan since bcdevil was going to make a Nats one, I decided to make a Capitals one. I made it pretty quickly so it's not that good, but better than nothin' right?

capitals.jpg

That's cool how you put the ice in the foreground

BCBannersSig.png

Archived