Kalamazoo Wings

Discrim

The Kalamazoo Wings have a pretty cool logo, and I've been wanting to do a concept of em for some time now...I finally got around to it the other day, so here goes.

dark

KWingsdark.png

light

KWingslight.png

third

KWingsthird.png

I used the 90s/Dallas colors cus frankly, I like that scheme better than their current red, white and blue...historical, shmistorical, it just looks better this way IMO. Take my word for it, this set just wouldn't look as good in the current colors. Heh, I might roll out the throwback-ish thirds in the North Stars colors just for the hell of it, as I used the old K-wing for door #3.

while I'm at it, can anybody tell me if the Wings wore green thirds in the mid 90s? cus I have a small collection of pocket schedules from the 90s, and the K-Wings sked I have (IIRC 97-98 season) had a closeup of their crest on a green jersey, but as closeups go, didn't see any collars or sleeves...heh, I'd just like to see if one existed.

edit: the socks on the lights and darks, as the ASG showed us, would be possible with the new style uni, so those were designed with the new era in mind.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i miss the kwings very very much. they were cool as hell.

and i don't recall them ever having a green jersey, except for maybe in their ritualistic st. patrick's day green ice/green jersey/green hair/green beer/green everything nights.

basically, they just wore dallas jerseys with thicker sleeve numbers, from what i remember.

i really like the winged sleeves you made... like a more literal thrashers uniform...

but i can't stand the waist wings or the socks wings... it just doesn't look right, and there's too many wings for one creature.

i really like the winged sleeves you made... like a more literal thrashers uniform...

but i can't stand the waist wings or the socks wings... it just doesn't look right, and there's too many wings for one creature.

DITTO!!!

Absolutely the same...

And I'm usually one who likes the original/non-traditional/gimmiky concepts...

I was thinkink that there may be a way to do something cool with the wings at the bottom, as long as it's symetrical, sort of like the Bruins "Pooh Bear"'s striping...

I would also consider a slighter dark shade of green, this is too close to Brampton Batallion $#@! green.

Still a very solid concept!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Yeah, what they said. The wings on the socks and waist don't really work. What about putting the striping pattern from the third, or something similar, on the waist of the primaries?

Also, I love the concept of the wings on the shoulders, but it seems to me they'd look better if they were flipped so they hung to the back. They look a little awkward the way they are now.

The middle outlining also looks really thick, a bit on the "puffy" side.

It's a neat concept overall.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, what they said. The wings on the socks and waist don't really work. What about putting the striping pattern from the third, or something similar, on the waist of the primaries?

Also, I love the concept of the wings on the shoulders, but it seems to me they'd look better if they were flipped so they hung to the back. They look a little awkward the way they are now.

The middle outlining also looks really thick, a bit on the "puffy" side.

It's a neat concept overall.

I considered it, but I figured doing so would make the primaries too similar to the third. heh, I figure the winged socks would work, but as I see that's just me :D heh, I'm thinkin of makin a couple alterations, and then roll those out with the North Star-colored third.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Nice looking unis - the should wings are nice. I never did like that 1/2 wing around the bottom. Looks out of place.

Still nice work - the home whites are very good.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

*UPDATE* here goes the updated set...the consensus was everybody hates the winged hem stripe, as well as the winged socks. so those were replaced with a more traditional stripe

dark

KWingsdark2.png

light

KWingslight2.png

and as promised, the thirds in North Stars colors

KWingsthird2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived