Minnesota Loons

kewp80

I know, but there are so many teams in the UFL with black and white color schemes, I didn't want to do that.

Besides rams aren't blue, a bronco's mane isn't orange, a buffalo isn't yellow, and a coyote isn't red. There are many teams that have incorrect colors for the animals they have in their logos.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

IMO the helmet is too detailed. What about using the wings as the helmet, ala Eagles, Rams? I think that would look much better.

I also think the names on the back are a tad too small.

Other than those two, I really like this.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Love the colors... even though 66% of 'em were lifted from the Great Lakes Loons, since it's a fantasy concept, I can let it slide. They give off a northwoodsy vibe which works since that's where you'd find Loons in Minnesota.

Like someone else said, the names are way too small. And I agree with what was said about just putting wings on the helmet.

Fix those things and you'll have a nice overall look.

These colors are great. I don't mind the logo on the helmet, just maybe move it back just a bit so as not to be too close to the front...otherwise a top-notch creation for your fantasy squad.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I give you a pass on the colors, because loons have iridescent black feathers that can look dark green in certain light. I'd ditch the blue and stick with green, red, and maybe a hint of black where you need to add contrast, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with your colors for this team.

However, I cannot give you a pass on the very awkward helmet logo. The image of a loon struggling to take off on the primary -- it's your business if you want the team's main image to be a bird not really managing to take flight. If that's the sort of identity you want to create, fine. But that logo element is vastly unsuited to a football helmet. On the helmet, it's just a loon that's been vivisected at the hips. It's visually confusing and a bit of a muddle.

I like the secondary for the helmet, but unfortunately it doesn't look like a loon in any particular way. It's not that it doesn't look like a loon, but that it looks as much like any other goose-like bird as a loon. Nice mark, but not right for the helmet, which needs to be more obvious in its loon-ness.

Which I think leaves you needing to take the head and neck of the loon in your primary and turning it into some kind of self-contained helmet logo. Or you need to complete the body of the loon, down to the tail and the in a running-on-water takeoff motion. And whatever you do for the helmet should probably go on the field, too.

I like your numbers. Simple, direct, easy to read.

On the tertiary, I think you'd be better served by making the letters green and blue with a red outline. The red letter with blue outline looks tonally unbalanced to me.

I really like the font you're using for the primary logo. But I think all around, on the primary and the tertiary, the letters need to be a bit thicker. The letter plus the outline you have is about the thickness that the letters need to be, with an outline outside of that. It's a pretty font you're using, but it's just not quite legible enough as-is.

20082614447.png

I know, but there are so many teams in the UFL with black and white color schemes, I didn't want to do that.

Besides rams aren't blue, a bronco's mane isn't orange, a buffalo isn't yellow, and a coyote isn't red. There are many teams that have incorrect colors for the animals they have in their logos.

Touché! Let me elaborate now. I like the green and red color combo, but like illwauk said, the Great Lakes Loons already use that same color combo. The blue is too turquoise to go with the green, it distracts the eye. Try changing the blue to just white (then the GLL colors will be complete!), I think it will be less distracting and overall more effective.

Trust me, the Great Lakes Loons pissed me off long before you did, I was saying the same thing then "Loons are BLACK!" ^_^

Archived