1995-1996 NORDIQUE JERSEY

charger77

That's funny. I drew the image they are using for the jersey about seven years ago based on the colour information and logo I could get my hands on. I used adobe Illustrator. It's always funny to see your work come back to you on the internet. For instance, the Detroit Free Press still uses my poorly rendered Detroit Red Wings logo that I drew for the old vector sports logos site rather that the official ones.

That's funny. I drew the image they are using for the jersey about seven years ago based on the colour information and logo I could get my hands on. I used adobe Illustrator. It's always funny to see your work come back to you on the internet. For instance, the Detroit Free Press still uses my poorly rendered Detroit Red Wings logo that I drew for the old vector sports logos site rather that the official ones.

I saw all my Toronto Maple Leafs primary logos on the cover of a magazine last week, including a terribly poor version (one that I've since corrected) of the 1970-1982 logo.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

One more reason to be a News reader.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Damn you for point that out! I too was really tempted to grab one of these, I'm glad you pointed those things out. Hopefully they will fix that, cuz I'd love to ad a Deadmarsh to my collection.

Can someone post the pic of the big wigs wearing those unused jerseys thats out there on the net somewhere. I know I have it on my other computer, but I don't have access to it right now, and I cant find it online at this time. Thanks

SEAsig.png

I saw all my Toronto Maple Leafs primary logos on the cover of a magazine last week, including a terribly poor version (one that I've since corrected) of the 1970-1982 logo.

I have found two of my footy jumpers (Aussie Rules) in a book put out by the AFL.

And I have since corrected one of them, though they used the old one, which was wrong.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Didn't I tell you about that 2 months ago? Get with it man!!! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Can someone post the pic of the big wigs wearing those unused jerseys thats out there on the net somewhere. I know I have it on my other computer, but I don't have access to it right now, and I cant find it online at this time. Thanks

I'm digging through my archives but can't find that photo either. I may have lost it in a previous crash so I hope someone has it and can post it here.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Didn't I tell you about that 2 months ago? Get with it man!!! :P

You did? Well then!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Thanks for the pic, should I be surprised that the guy with the name "GoNordiques" is the one with the picture?! Is that black I see on the sleeves of both jerseys? On the blue one just below the white and on the white just above the white on the botton of the sleeve? I agree on the three color neck, its not quite right. I wish the seller had a full picture so you could see all the stripes and them hem, etc. Which is probably another indication there is something wrong. I'm usually a stickler for authenticity, but this time I might have to let it slide, considering most people won't even know anything about those jerseys.

SEAsig.png

Ta-da!

96Nords.png

You da man!

Those two guys look really, really guilty of something in that photo. They were either caught in the men's room in some sort of public act best kept private or they knew they were moving the team to Colorado and those jerseys would never see the light of day. :therock:

So what exactly is wrong with the remake jersey?

I can't see the fleur-de-lis on the real ones well enough to complain about the remake yet and, as long as the remake is blue and not black, it looks good to me so far.

Do you think the top stripe on the sleeve is blue and not black?

The real one looks to have a teal and white stripe, while the remake is teal, white, teal, but the real white version has three colors so perhaps the real blue jersey also had three and the stripe closest to the body of the jersey just doesn't show in the pic from the way it's sewn.

It looks accurate to the one shown on NHLUniforms.com, a site known for it's attention to accurate details.

Either way, put that on my wantlist.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Since all of the jerseys ever produce for this style were prototypes there was neve anything wonr on the ice, could it be that the differences we are discussing were just differences in prototypes? I remeber reading the posts from the guy who worked with the Manitoba Moose on that logo, saying they had several differing designs mocked up when he showed up that they were trying to choose between, could it be that we have something similar here? The differences we are talking about are subtle, so could be that maybe the wrong set got photographed one time or something like that? I'm just speculating here, just something I was thinking about.

SEAsig.png

Since all of the jerseys ever produce for this style were prototypes there was neve anything wonr on the ice, could it be that the differences we are discussing were just differences in prototypes? I remeber reading the posts from the guy who worked with the Manitoba Moose on that logo, saying they had several differing designs mocked up when he showed up that they were trying to choose between, could it be that we have something similar here? The differences we are talking about are subtle, so could be that maybe the wrong set got photographed one time or something like that? I'm just speculating here, just something I was thinking about.

I know we can only speculate but if the Nordiques has stayed in Quebec and adaopted these jereseys, do you think they would still be wearing them now, 11 years later or would they have adapted a "retro" look by now?

I think they would have unvailed a retro look this coming season in the new Reeebok jerseys.

It's fun to speculate on the impossible!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived