NHL Boston Bruins Concept

patsox

NHLBostonBruinsConceptv1.png

NHLBostonBruinsConceptv1-1.png

UPDATE

Based on what I heard in the NHL changes thread about the B's modifying the B.

C&C would be greatly appreciated and also there are alternates and roads to follow as well as pants and helmets and whatnot.

Feel free to ask questions, too.

You just followed the ASG EDGE striping, which is what the NHL is NOT doing. All you was take out the arm patterns.

Also, the numbers are way too low.

Side note: Could that colour palette get any bigger? :blink:

Wade-sig.png

patsox#1 - pretty nice uni. Simple and clean. Well done. Kinda a reflection of the NJ Devils, a simple look.

The only thing I miss is any shoulder patches. The only thing I would do differently, but still nice concept.

(ps - you color palette is fine)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The home could use some arm stripes. And the brown would be easier to see between the yellow and white instead of the yellow and black. The alternate should contain some brown striping if the crest is brown. A more traditional B like logohound suggested would be better. This is a good start.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The home and away jerseys are waaaaayyyy to plain.. With that being said I would also like to reiterate the fact that the new jerseys will NOT be based on the all-star jerseys. Therefore just coloring in different sections of that template doesn't count as a concept in my book.... Just my two cents.

I would also like to say that I may have colored in one section of the All Star template, but that does not take away from the fact that I think these would still make good jerseys despite this.

Your numbers are way, way too low. I'm also not a fan of your spoked B, it's unbalanced and takes away from the beauty or simplicity that it was before '94. Also, as others have said these are far too plain. To me they look like practice jerseys. Maybe try some striping on the sleeves? Finally, the alternate jersey isn't too shabby, but I'd use a different bruin.

First of all, I wish to give full marks to patsox for making a truly clean and well-executed concept. For as much grief as he has taken from people over sloppiness, his newfound attention to detail deserves a compliment. This looks nice, and you should be commended for that.

My problems with it are threefold:

1. Black and brown do not go well in everyday life. Usually, one wears one or the other. Why go with black and a dark brown, which are too dissimilar to use together but not so different that the viewer can't tell them apart? It's a design trap that's tough to get out of.

2. Why are some of the TV numbers at the wrists? Not only won't they be where they should be, they won't be seen beneath the cuff of the gloves.

3. Is the alt logo an armadillo? It sure doesn't look like a bear...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

3. Is the alt logo an armadillo? It sure doesn't look like a bear...

Believe it or not that alt logo one of Boston's old primary logos. Of course the same era gave us this beauty from the Detroit Tigers:

DET_7193.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived