Nhl vintage night

NickNickNick

The Rangers and Canadiens both took to the ice in vintage apparel tonite.  The Rangers even had their vintage pants on (which were actually just a shell to cover up their normal red ones) but they looked brilliant.  Why can't the Kings get some pants shells?

There's a pic on newyorkrangers.com

And hey.  100 posts.  woot woot.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I feel a little extra dumb now about previous my comment about the Rangers not having changed much over the years :(

A treat to watch, I just wished I had picked Theodore for tonight. I've never heard of shells before, are they just a cover over the regulars?

The Rangers really havn't changed much over the years. Those uniforms were a burp in the history of the Rangers. Thank god they switched back...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Rangers really havn't changed much over the years. Those uniforms were a burp in the history of the Rangers. Thank god they switched back...

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I could say the same for the Bruins.  I thought the B's current uni's would be more "temporary". After seeing Neely wear his Classic solid black jersey at his ceremony the other night standing next to the current's B's jersey, I thought, what are the Bruins thinking?? Neely's Original Six jersey next to an Expansion team jersey -- ACH!! The Bruins are the ONLY Original Six franchise that doesn't dress like one!

Actually, those Ranger unies were, I believe, John Ferguson's idea when he was GM of the Rangers...when Winnipeg hired, him, he brought the entire design over (without the Coolvetica name & number fonts) for the Jets in their inaugural year.

I much prefer the redesigned 90's Jets unies...although those ones were pretty much stolen as well, from the 72-73 Toronto Toros...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I love those jerseys!  Now, if you throw the alt logo in the front, the alternate shoulder on the...well...shoulders. Change the white to silver...boo yah!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived