Through the wire

Discrim

Check this out, a strange but fun game by the name of Soccer Cards.  Like my TML jersey, I find the game tough to describe, you'll have to play.  Learning what everything does is the easy part, but the challenge is what keeps me playing, at least.  Said challenge included the satisfaction of finally getting my Ryman league team to the Conference after 12 seasons :) and i like the community there, despite its smallness, so i'm helping spread the word

and i have an incessant need to ask how the weather is elsewhere, so here's my question: How cold are you right now?  :D my hands are cold, for starters, and i been inside all day

now for an idea: the NFL, in the early 60s, ran a consolation game called the Playoff Bowl, and it was always held at the Orange Bowl.  I been thinking maybe now would be a good time to revive it...maybe play it a week before the Super Bowl in teh previous year's location or something.  And then the winner of that game takes home the Rozelle Cup...whaddaya say?

and i end here with a proposal...not really, just asking what was the last wedding you were at?  i can't remember, as it was over 10 years ago, but my cousin in the Air Force is tying the knot in May, i think.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It is 24 degrees outside my window right now.  Friday it was negative 3 without the windchill.  I had 2 snowdays this week, Thursday and Friday so I now have a 5 day weekend. :)   Bringing back the consalation match wouldn't be a bad idea.  The last wedding I attended was in August of 2002 in Connecticut.  The best part was I was able to go to my first game at Yankee stadium.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

hmm, well it has been about 4 degrees celsius in Uk so I am fine!! We don't get the harsh winters some of you guys do!! Snow settlking on th ground is a relatively rare experience, and we maybe get 1 or 2 snowfalls a winter, leaving maybe 1 cm of snow on the ground!

I was at my sisters wedding in July.

And I hate all consolation playoff games. The idea just doesn't work for me. The players all feel a sense of let down coz the aren't at the big game, as do the fans.

And I must get something on my computer so I can open zip files!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And I must get something on my computer so I can open zip files!!!!

Wow.. a whole set of random questions.. my answers:

Its kinda not-warm here in GA, its like 52 as a high today. Not bad. Windy, though.

I wouldn't mind a consolation game...  more football is fien by me, but I wonder what the motivation for the players would be. Plus, that would be a game to see who finished thrid, right? Odd.

Last wedding.. was my buddy's wedding, his second, so it was low-key and at his mom's big house in the counrty. I got drunk. Thats my favorite thing about weddings.

Saintfan.. yes, go download winzip or stuffit or somehting. Plus, I don't know about the rest of the people, but your avatar never loads for me. I can C&P the url and see what it is, but it never comes up with your messages.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It's been freezing here... it's been colder than New York here by about 10 to 20ºF everyday.  We've had temperatures dip to -40ºF some evenings.

Today wasn't as cold, but still around 15F.   It looked like Foxboro outside my livingroom window during the game  :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Today here north of Boston it was a balmy 34 degrees. (I am about 45 miles north of Foxboro.) Indian Summer weather compared to the -10 weather Thursday night to Friday. My car wouldn't start and I had to stay home (I didn't feel like calling AAA).

A consolation would be as useless as the Pro Bowl. What incentive would there be for Payton Manning to play another game right now? Just to remind him that the Colts aren't playing for the league championship?

The last wedding I went to was in early October. It was the former best friend of my girlfriend (her best friend growing up). I didn't know anyone except my girlfriend, and she only know the bride. We had this obnoxious loudmouth lady at our table campaigning for the mayor of some town. My girlfriend drank herself sick trying to drown out the incessant ramblings of this beast of a woman. Fun times for all :)

And that soccer game isn't made for Macintosh :(

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

hmm, well it has been about 4 degrees celsius in Uk so I am fine!! We don't get the harsh winters some of you guys do!! Snow settlking on th ground is a relatively rare experience, and we maybe get 1 or 2 snowfalls a winter, leaving maybe 1 cm of snow on the ground!

just like Memphis...except slightly colder...lucky bastard :;): although it hasn't been too bad snowwise, i've only had to shovel twice so far.  it's likely i might have to break out the shovel this week and maybe two or three more times after that...but to quote Joaquin Andujar, youneverknow.

2016cubscreamsig.png

delving into hockey, the NHL is going to use the AHL as guinea pigs for 8 games...the reason?  to test the effect of widening the blue and center lines by two feet.  i'd like to know which games though.

staying there, but going up to NHL, a stat many of you may or may not think about all that often: the plus/minus rating.  apparently it's supposed to be some sort of indication of defensive ability...but is it really?  you decide.

2016cubscreamsig.png

It's alittle mix of being useful and useless. If you're ona really offensive line, you're going to have a much better + rating.

Really, if you're hunting for a defenceman, a strong - rating is going to be a deterent. You aren't going to sign a player that's on the ice when alot of goals are scored against. (+/- is only recorded in even strength situations)

But like any stat, it can be miss leading. The player may not factor much into preventing the goal, but they'll still get hit with a -1. same goes the other way. a defenceman might now touch the puck at all on a given play, but if his team scores a goal, he'll get a +1. So in a way, you pay or get rewarded ont he basis of how your teamamtes do. (in some cases)

It does sound impressive tho, to hear that a player wa +3 in the game last night, or has a +20 rating like Brian Smolinski does...but it is a stat that is totally dependant not just on the player in question but the play of his teamamtes on the ice.

Yes, it can be a stat to measure defensive play and can be a measure of offensive play as well, but you have to take into account the +/- of the other teammates in order to get a feeling of how the rating reflects that particular player

Saintfan.. yes, go download winzip or stuffit or somehting. Plus, I don't know about the rest of the people, but your avatar never loads for me. I can C&P the url and see what it is, but it never comes up with your messages.

Thats a kind of weird thing, never comes up on my computer, but when I logged on on my exs computer it did load there.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived