Ottawa Senators logo change

Vetsson

Well, I was on Facebook and clicked a link to "Ottawa Senators Gear", which took me to amazon.com

It mentioned that the forward facing centurion was the "primary logo." I thought the right facing centurion was the primary, last I heard.

With the new Edge jerseys, etc. I can see this subtle change... Perhaps this means the 1990-era whites can finally be retired? They look like recleague jerseys with iron on numbers... :blink: And yes, I know they are tackle twill, but that is how they look to me, compared to the other 2 styles with their unique font.

Commissioner, V League

http://vleague.vetsson.net

Well, I was on Facebook and clicked a link to "Ottawa Senators Gear", which took me to amazon.com

It mentioned that the forward facing centurion was the "primary logo." I thought the right facing centurion was the primary, last I heard.

With the new Edge jerseys, etc. I can see this subtle change... Perhaps this means the 1990-era whites can finally be retired? They look like recleague jerseys with iron on numbers... :blink: And yes, I know they are tackle twill, but that is how they look to me, compared to the other 2 styles with their unique font.

This has been hammered to death in the other thread. The 3D Centurion will be the primary next season (with possibly some very minor tweaking).

Unfortunately for you, you've come a little late, the good news is while you're reading over the Sens changes you'll find a wealth of other important news and insight. Enjoy...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=49450

Actually, the white sweater was one of the best, their current swooshing red, and black are bad.

Agreed, the sens have NEVER looked as good as when they first entered the league. The original black with red stripes and no white anywhere other than outlining the numbers were beautiful and actually matched the white jersey, a strange concept for Ottawa!!!

senators1gg3.gif

Beautiful!!!

**EDIT**

Actually, I correct myself. The Senators in year two change the dark jerseys numbers from red outlined in white to white outlined in red. Which made the numbers stand out more and match the white jersey even better!!!

senators2cb4.gif

Mmm, even more beautiful!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Here's another interesting tid-bit about Facebook.

If you download the new "Super Fan" application, you get to pick your favorite sports team. Go to 'Hockey' and click 'User Submitted'. In there, you will see someone's Hamilton Predators logo that was made on here! I forgot who it was, but it looked like 2 pillars, with a bar going across the middle that said "Hamilton." The pillars and bar made an 'H'

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here's another interesting tid-bit about Facebook.

If you download the new "Super Fan" application, you get to pick your favorite sports team. Go to 'Hockey' and click 'User Submitted'. In there, you will see someone's Hamilton Predators logo that was made on here! I forgot who it was, but it looked like 2 pillars, with a bar going across the middle that said "Hamilton." The pillars and bar made an 'H'

I made that logo over twenty years ago, I am also who put it on here and on facebook.

shamrockles.png

Actually, the white sweater was one of the best, their current swooshing red, and black are bad.

Agreed, the sens have NEVER looked as good as when they first entered the league. The original black with red stripes and no white anywhere other than outlining the numbers were beautiful and actually matched the white jersey, a strange concept for Ottawa!!!

Actually, I correct myself. The Senators in year two change the dark jerseys numbers from red outlined in white to white outlined in red. Which made the numbers stand out more and match the white jersey even better!!!

senators2cb4.gif

I was always partial to this revision...partly because I own one of the black jerseys in this style:

Senators4.gif

senators2cb4.gif

I was always partial to this revision...partly because I own one of the black jerseys in this style:

Senators4.gif

Sorry, I felt that they ruined it when the added the white! And white numbers on the white area of the sleeve? In the words of the "Angry Video Game Nerd" "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?"

shamrockles.png

In NHL 06 If I face the senators I choose their first jerseys.

I am really hoping NHL 08 have throwbacks on the XBOX360.

I thought you could change an opponent's jerseys in 06 or 07. 2k5, 2k6, and 2k7 yes, but EA's game, no.

Anyways, I've always hated the 3D logo and hoped they would bring back those sharp black jerseys. But, alas, it isn't meant to be...

Archived