Franchise concept

Turkleton

I had an idea the other day to do a Franchise kinda deal for the County I live in, in the UK. I chose 3 sports they dont have and went with Hockey, US Football and Baseball. I tried to keep a theme across the board hence the Cats, Panthers and Tigers nicknames. I did think about keeping the same colours all the way through as well but decided to go for SIMILAR colours instead, as they fit each team better. Anyway, on with the show...

PS The County is called Hertfordshire, which I changed to Herts County for this concept....

The first is Herts County Cats. I know the logo is a bit big on the jerseys but I wanted it to jump out from the jersey so thats my reason for that.

catshp7.png

cats2dr9.png

The 2nd is Herts County Panthers. Not much to say here, other than 94 is my number ^_^

panthersoe6.png

panthers2oj9.png

And 3rd is the Herts County Tigers. Very simple logos and uniforms because this is a very Minor League team and as regular viewers to my recent concepts are aware, im good at those.... :)

I'll look forward to C&C and all that good stuff....

tigersom3.png

tigers2ue9.png

sigen.jpg

cats2dr9.png

The stripes stop when they hit the shoulder insert. That looks really, really bad and no team would ever wear something with that big of a mistake on it. If you include elements like that, it makes it very hard to judge the rest of the package.

Does look a bit Puma-ish I guess....

And the stripes are supposed to be like that, its part of the design, so as not too ruin the cat scratch part on the shoulders. And Herts County Cats would wear them because I own them and I told them to.... -_-

sigen.jpg

cats2dr9.png

The stripes stop when they hit the shoulder insert. That looks really, really bad and no team would ever wear something with that big of a mistake on it. If you include elements like that, it makes it very hard to judge the rest of the package.

Also, both of the cats in the hockey piece look different (different heads). Also, you might want to work on how the "G" in Tigers intersects the outline. It looks like it wasn't thought-through all the way. Perhaps there could be a "cut out" in the underline around where the descender in the "G" is.

Does look a bit Puma-ish I guess....

And the stripes are supposed to be like that, its part of the design, so as not too ruin the cat scratch part on the shoulders. And Herts County Cats would wear them because I own them and I told them to.... -_-

Right, but I think what he means is that you have to have one or the other. If you want the scratches, then you have to get rid of the stripes or modify them.

philly.png

Right, but I think what he means is that you have to have one or the other. If you want the scratches, then you have to get rid of the stripes or modify them.

Fair enough...I've modified the cats jersey now, changed the stripes because I like the scratches. Quite like it actually!

cats2hx9.png

sigen.jpg

Its supposed to be the same cat with different facial expressions.

are you saying that you designed those cats logos?

if you did...WOW...they're fantastic...kudos, mad props, big ups, all the praise i can heap

the number font on the tigers jersey makes me wonder, though...it seems to me that any designer talented enough to make those cats logos would be able to do a better job with a number font...not making any accusations, just wondering aloud and asking a question

jldesigns404eo.png

Anytime I use a logo I always state where I got it & what I did to it. Recolor, remove items, etc.... I saw from other concepts that if you claim things as your own or do not give credit it is a bad thing. Again, I have recolored stuff myself, but always give credit.

I know I saw this before & could not place it until now.

http://www.rivalart.com/store/pc/viewPrd.a...idproduct=17083

Anytime I use a logo I always state where I got it & what I did to it. Recolor, remove items, etc.... I saw from other concepts that if you claim things as your own or do not give credit it is a bad thing. Again, I have recolored stuff myself, but always give credit.

I know I saw this before & could not place it until now.

http://www.rivalart.com/store/pc/viewPrd.a...idproduct=17083

Turkleton, he is right. We don't care if you use generic clipart, just say that's what it is. Given time, someone here will usually find the source of misused art.

Turkleton, he is right. We don't care if you use generic clipart, just say that's what it is. Given time, someone here will usually find the source of misused art.

Whatever do u mean... :ninja: Lol, just kidding. It was never my intention to claim it as my own, I was just so wrapped up in doing it all I didnt think to mention it. (Actually talking of giving credit, keep meaning to thank Roger Clemente for the templates. Very handy and easy to use)

Anyway I hope no one thinks I meant to pass these off as mine, my main reason for posting any of these was the uniforms, thats the part I most enjoy putting together.

Sorry again!! :)

sigen.jpg

The Tigers one... problem with that is it's similar colors to the Clemson Tigers (orange and purple), and a very, very similar logo. It looks the same other than the nails. If you're going to borrow it, at least change the colors more than that. (And the bottom part of the 'g' should be outlined in blue, not white.)

The Tigers one... problem with that is it's similar colors to the Clemson Tigers (orange and purple), and a very, very similar logo. It looks the same other than the nails. If you're going to borrow it, at least change the colors more than that. (And the bottom part of the 'g' should be outlined in blue, not white.)

I havent borrowed from the Clemson Tigers, because I dont know who they are....

sigen.jpg

Archived