Negro League Throwbacks in Kansas City

Billy B

The White Sox are wearing Chicago American Giants uniforms while the Royals are in Kansas City Monarchs uniforms. Both teams are looking great. I'll post pictures as they are available.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Don't forget Tony Pena Jr.

KansasCityRoyalsshortstopTonyPenaJr.jpg

First 20,000 Fans got the hat the Royals are wearing during the game.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Here they are. The White Sox jerseys remind me slightly of the jerseys they wore in the late 80's. Note that the Monarchs/Royals have a memorial patch for Jackie Robinson.

I don't think so. They remind me of the early 90's Angels road jerseys.1995angels_langston2.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

i was at that game yesterday (brother caught a foul ball). Are there any pictures of the White Sox's hat logo? I couldn't make it out during the game.

oh and after the game, the radio broadcasters mentioned that the name KANSAS CITY MONARCHS was the frontrunner for the NHL team that's supposedly playing at the Sprint Center in 08.

According to the webpage, he was caught stealing. Perhaps he should not have stopped along the way to blow a bubble.

Don't forget Tony Pena Jr.

KansasCityRoyalsshortstopTonyPenaJr.jpg

First 20,000 Fans got the hat the Royals are wearing during the game.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived