Michigan Pirates

Gary

Port Huron Pirates of the CIFL has moved to Flint, MI to become the Michigan Pirates. The name Michigan was to represent everyone in the Mid to Eastern Michigan cities like Flint, Saginaw, Clio, Port Huron, Lansing and even a few other cities. Now my question is will we be seeing a brand new logo from them next season, or will we see a new pirate but with Michigan. Personally I would love to see the pirate behind the state of Michigan, with an M with a sword slashing through the M as the helmet. I like the way Jordan has made the P and H with the sword going through the H as the secondary, I can only imagine what he'll do with the revamped version

200px-Pirates-Logo.gif

Their current logo is pretty sharp, IMO.

I went to the last two games in Port Huron. The Pirates look like they belong in a higher league. :blink:

agreed, I love their logo, but with them being renamed the Michigan Pirates, the beacon and waves will probably go along the name Port Huron and replaced with a just the Pirate or a sillouette of the state of Michigan.

The Pirates are currently undefeated and has yet to lose a game in the GLIFL/CIFL, they are that good, or the league is just that bad :P

I think they might want to consider a name change. It's been a while since I saw a pirate sailing the water around Flint...

Having lived in Flint for nine years, it's nice to see them for once not using a name tied to the auto industry. The hockey team is the Generals, after General Motors.

200px-Pirates-Logo.gif

Their current logo is pretty sharp, IMO.

I went to the last two games in Port Huron. The Pirates look like they belong in a higher league. :blink:

agreed, I love their logo, but with them being renamed the Michigan Pirates, the beacon and waves will probably go along the name Port Huron and replaced with a just the Pirate or a sillouette of the state of Michigan.

The Pirates are currently undefeated and has yet to lose a game in the GLIFL/CIFL, they are that good, or the league is just that bad :P

Combination of both, methinks.

Actually, the real message/question here is....

If you have, unquestionably, the best team in your league, and still have to move from attendance and financial woes...

Well....

Why the :censored: is the IHL/UHL taking a 4th go at this market?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

easy, the I/U has a love affair with the city, just can't move along, at least Flint stays in some kind of fashion. But it wasn't much of financial situation, it was a bad lease that kicked them out of Port Huron and into the Vehicle City. Hopefully this is just a rebirth of a truly great team(trust me guys not a bandwagoner, been following team since last year, closest team to Flint in the GLCIFL, but it makes it even greater since I am a Flint native).

Archived