New logo for Nascar

cajunaggie08

I comment, because I have to; indignant outrage from people like myself is in the CCSLC Charter.

"Jap" was acceptable 50 years ago, old-timer. Not so much anymore.

On-topic, the NEXTEL logo is better. But NASCAR should be sponsored by cigarettes instead -- I liked that far more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I comment, because I have to; indignant outrage from people like myself is in the CCSLC Charter.

"Jap" was acceptable 50 years ago, old-timer. Not so much anymore.

On-topic, the NEXTEL logo is better. But NASCAR should be sponsored by cigarettes instead -- I liked that far more.

I'm sorry. I forgot that all of you 20-somethings are of the PC generation.

With the current way NASCAR is going why don't they put a bowtie on their logo and call it what it is- The Chevy Racing Series. At last count there are around three times the Chevys running as compared to any other manufacturer. And even though they suspend the crew chiefs the Chevy drivers still do well every week. You want to stop the cheating? Then suspend Jeffypoo Gordon, Jimmmmmie Johnson, Tony the Tiger Stewart and Little EEEEEEEEE and it (cheating) would stop immediately. But no, we can't suspend our pretty boy racers. And while we're at it without the technical innovations put in by Ford people throughout the history of NASCAR the sport would still be a bunch of Good Ol' Boy rednecks running their 'shine haulers on county fairgrounds tracks in Pigs Knuckle, NC and Possum Trot, Tennessee. It was Ford people like Ralph Moody of Holman Moody that created the modern stock car chassis by modifying the 1965 Ford Galaxie. Or Mercury's Bud More who proved that a properly tuned Ford 351 Cleveland or Windsor small-block V-8 could run all day at 180+ MPH. And the Wood Brothers of Stuart, VA who have exclusively run Ford products since 1954 in their #21 car developed the modern pit stop choreography in the early 1960s that cut literal MINUTES off from pit stop time into mini-seconds. And every car running in NASCAR today uses the Ford 9-inch differntial rear-end. Those Ford rear-ends are known as "bulletproof. But to hear the average NASCAR fan talk you'd think that racing didn't start until Dale Sr. started running people off the tracks in the 1970s. No, wake up NASCAR, get a little more parity in the sport before you start losing more fans like me. You guys (NASCAR) have short memories. In the 1960s when Ford and Mopar were dominating the track and Chevy didn't even run (except for a couple of independents) you went and begged GM to come back. Now Ford and Mopar are struggling and we don't hear a thing from you. C'mon, let's be fair about this or as I say, it will end up as the Chevy Racing Series. If I sound predjudiced for Ford, well I am. I am a born-and-bred 100% Blue Oval guy who has followed racing for 50 years and has researched just how the sport has progressed. I know what I'm talking about. "Watch the FORDs going by and you'll say...You're ahead in a FORD all the way."

Its actually pretty sad. I have found myself wondering if it werent for Roush, would Ford even be in NASCAR anymore? Sur ethe wood brothers and RYR still field teams, but dont they barrow engines from Roush? I am a chevy fan myself, but i do wish there was more competition between the manufacturers and not have a race of 30 chevy's, 8 fords and a couple of dodges and toyotas.

But everything in a sense is changing since they introduced the "car of the future" onto the tracks. But that has nothing to do with sponsorship.

Yah, that is what I mean. I hate those stupid cars, they make racing boring. Look at the race last night, it was great! Thank goodness they didn't run the C.O.T last night.

They should ban the COT from Daytona after the finishes the 500 and the Pepsi 400 produced

Educated race fans........you are not.

The COT is a safer racecar. ANYTHING else, is secondary.

But, since you want to argue about close finishes.....

Bristol (spring)

'05: Margin of Victory: 4.652 (14 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 0.179 (19 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 0.064 (14 lead changes)

(comparable lead changes, closer finish)

Martinsville (spring)

'05: Margin of Victory: 0.593 (17 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 1.083 (12 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 0.065 (14 lead changes)

(comparable lead changes, closer finish)

Phoenix (spring)

'05: Margin of Victory: 2.315 (16 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 2.774 (20 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 0.697 (12 lead changes)

(less lead changes, closer finish....by far)

Richmond (spring)

'05: Margin of Victory: 1.674 (21 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 0.572 (12 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 0.723 (24 lead changes)

(more lead changes, comparable finish)

Darlington

'05: Margin of Victory: .990 (30 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: .209 (25 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: .978 (23 lead changes)

(comparable finish, less lead changes)

Dover (spring)

'05: Margin of Victory: 4.281 (9 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 0.787 (23 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 7.355 (18 lead changes)

(Thanks to Martin Truex's far superior racecar, boring finish...comparable lead changes)

Sonoma

'05: Margin of Victory: 2.266 (7 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: 1.250 (9 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: 4.097 (11 lead changes)

(Thanks to fuel mileage taking McMurray out of the race with 1 to go, a runaway finish with more lead changes)

Loudon (1)

'05: Margin of Victory: .851 (14 lead changes)

'06: Margin of Victory: .406 (21 lead changes)

'07: Margin of Victory: .068 (20 lead changes)

(closer finish, comparable lead changes)

So what have we learned? In ALL but ONE c.o.t. race this year(darlington), the c.o.t. has produced either the same or a better race than the "current car". Just because the drivers are bitching about their cars handling, doesnt mean the fans are suffering. In fact, because the drivers dont have perfect handling cars, the fans are benefiting.

SigReflect.png

Discuss your petty crap on the other boards.

I thought Petty retired years ago...

Your quote makes it look like it was Bulldog who said that...

I could apologize for throwing oil on the fire and sending this discussion more off-topic, but I won't.

It happens all the time.

We come here to talk about sport design, and then we find people with similar or diverging opinions and keep the focus on the SPORT part of Sport Design... so be it...

What amazes me the most about htis post is the amount of actual facts being displayed. THIS is how you form an opinion.. by listening to the facts...

Not by throwing a 2-word insult indiscriminently here and there...

Nothing against the class clowns, they help ease the tension from time to time...

(heck a bunch of us geeks may never have met any girl without our timely sarcastic jokes)

I find it strange that a guy who posted 3 times in 3 years comes out and play MOD....

Who asked what the Camrys are doing this year?

I'll answer with a question of my own: what do the D-Backs and the Marlins have in common?

They both finished 33 games behind the leaders in their divisions - within 5 years they both had won World Series....

My point is, I don't care what your opinion is, if you're "fact-based" and articulate enough to teach me something, I'll be happy to engage in a conversation, otherwise, why bother...

And oh yeah... I finally formed myself an opinion on the logo:

I prefer the Symetry of the Nextel logo.

I like the nameplate where Cup Series is, but loath the two "pit roads".

They obviously wanted it to look like a racetrack, but didn't want it to look too much like an existing one...looks like someone squeezed Phoenix International (or Richmond), added teh Bristol pit configuration and rotated it...

Too bad, because I love that new Sprint logo...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

JQK- You're a flaming idiot.

Yea, that's the way to start a point.

Let's insult the person, not the idea.

BTW, i'm a Chevy man.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

JQK- You're a flaming idiot.

Yea, that's the way to start a point.

Let's insult the person, not the idea.

I'm sorry if I offended you. But when you insulted Ford you insulted me. And I take that personally. I'll say no more on this topic.

BTW, i'm a Chevy man.

But when you insulted Ford you insulted me. And I take that personally.

I used to hate NASCAR, but now I love it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived