ESPN's Busch Series coverage

apeman33

Just curious if any of you would know why ESPN avoids using the raace sponsor's name on its Busch Series coverage. For instance, tonight's race at ORP is the Kroger 200. But you'd never know it as the promos and the announcers just talk about "the Busch race at ORP."

Earlier this year, they'd refer to the race by it's location, such as "Busch Series at Milwaukee" (which was actually called the AT&T 250) and "Busch Series at Nashville." (which was the Pepsi 300)

Any thoughts? I'm stumped.

My guess is that the sponsor only applies to promote the race locally in Busch Car series. Happens quite a bit in Champ Car where you don't often hear the main sponsor's name for the race.

I saw, I came, I left.

I've noticed this too, confused me as wel.. I know it's not a problem with Nextel Cup since they refer to this weekend's race as the Allstate 400 at The Brickyard.

Actually, it has been with Nextel Cup too. Since this is the first NASCAR race to get full coverage on ESPN this year, it is being called by its full name, but every other race (not sure about Daytona) has been advertised as NASCAR Nextel Cup at Charlotte (for example).

Archived