19. Florida State 0-0 392

20. Nebraska 0-0 377

21. Arkansas 0-0 376

22. TCU 0-0 283

23. Hawaii 0-0 256

24. Boise State 0-0 187

25. Texas A&M 0-0 162

Others Recieving Votes

Missouri 128, Georgia Tech 94, Boston College 75, Oregon 73, South Carolina 69, Miami (FL) 68, Alabama 66, Oregon State 42, Wake Forest 40, South Florida 28, Arizona State 17, Brigham Young 14, Southern Miss 12, Notre Dame 11, Virginia 7, Clemson 6, Oklahoma State 3, Texas Tech 2, Purdue 1, Houston 1, Kentucky 1, North Carolina State 1.

First AP poll came out today, and once again, Southern California is ranked too low. Only 1,622 points? Meanwhile, Notre Dame is too high, with 11 points too many.

So, according to CCSLC College Football Guru, willmorris, USC being #1 on 62 of 65 ballots and #2 on the other three is a slap in the face and Notre Dame should not receive any votes whatsoever. Honestly, do you see why it's damn near impossible to take your opinions seriously?

Anyway, I don't think there should be any polls the first half of the season...or until whenver the first BCS rankings come out.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Notre Dame, with what players they lost, does not merit consideration for the Top 25 as we speak, in my opinion.

Yeah, Notre Dame has a great chance to end up under 500. They are a very young team with a difficult schedule.

Notre Dame, with what players they lost, does not merit consideration for the Top 25 as we speak, in my opinion.

I'll agree with you on this, especially considering their schedule and the fact that Charlie Weis is apparently too fat to actually leave South Bend and recruit. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Too high: Michigan, West Virginia, Oklahoma

Too low: Rutgers, Penn State

Sleepers: Hawai'i

JQK Top 10

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Texas

4. Florida

5. Wisconsin

6. Ohio State

7. Virginia Tech

8. Rutgers

9. California

10. Louisville

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

First AP poll came out today, and once again, Southern California is ranked too low. Only 1,622 points? Meanwhile, Notre Dame is too high, with 11 points too many.

So, according to CCSLC College Football Guru, willmorris, USC being #1 on 62 of 65 ballots and #2 on the other three is a slap in the face and Notre Dame should not receive any votes whatsoever. Honestly, do you see why it's damn near impossible to take your opinions seriously?

Damn near impossible? His college football opinions can be ridiculous to the point of where I swear he's saying something stupid just to get us riled up. Will is the guy who, in the "AD for a day thread," had Notre Dame playing a who's who of college football powerhouses, all on the road. Then he said if the Irish went undefeated playing his schedule it would only be good for a Sugar Bowl bid because they didn't play in a conference. He follows that by saying that USC, who is a damn near unanimous number one in both preseason polls, is ranked too low.

This dude passed "damn near impossible" to take seriously a while ago. He's either playing us or he is simply the most clueless person on this board. I am betting it's the former. No one can be that clueless.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Yeah, the man's opinions have been impossible to take seriously for quite a while now. And Hedley, you know as well as the rest of us do that nothing will change his mind because he's never been one to let silly things like facts cloud his judgement.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think South Florida is the sexy pick to be an upstart team. I can't say I disagree, they look good on paper with a solid QB and confidence after some big games last year. I was kinda suprised to see Missou that high, I haven't heard too much about them...maybe I've been missing something? How does NCSU even get a vote? They weren't that great last year, and have a new coach/

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived