Chargers new unis

In 5..4..3..2..1

Might I say that the most significant difference between the classic era and the modern is not the shade of the blue, but the replacement of the yellow pants with boring white (or navy) pants. I'd like to see a mock-up of the new jerseys with yellow pants; it might not work, but it could be awesome.

Hadn't thought of it that way but seeing them next to each other, you're right, especially with the white helmet. It's surprising that whatever professional designer the Chargers retained didn't see that. If you were doing a uni, wouldn't one step be researching all their looks through the years to see what worked, what didn't, and why?

I'd bet almost anything that they did try it, but didn't have the balls to follow through with it. I would have liked to see them utilize the yellow pants....but only if they went with powder blue as their primary. Navy as a primary color with yellow pants looks weird. Just ask the Akron Zips I believe? or Toledo Rockets....one of those teams.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might I say that the most significant difference between the classic era and the modern is not the shade of the blue, but the replacement of the yellow pants with boring white (or navy) pants. I'd like to see a mock-up of the new jerseys with yellow pants; it might not work, but it could be awesome.

Hadn't thought of it that way but seeing them next to each other, you're right, especially with the white helmet. It's surprising that whatever professional designer the Chargers retained didn't see that. If you were doing a uni, wouldn't one step be researching all their looks through the years to see what worked, what didn't, and why?

I'd bet almost anything that they did try it, but didn't have the balls to follow through with it. I would have liked to see them utilize the yellow pants....but only if they went with powder blue as their primary. Navy as a primary color with yellow pants looks weird. Just ask the Akron Zips I believe? or Toledo Rockets....one of those teams.

Looks fine on Michigan.

I think a nice look for the Chargers would be navy jerseys with white pants and yellow lightning bolts; and white jerseys with yellow pants and navy numbers. Either a white or navy helmet would go with either set.

Archived