Should the padres change there road unis next year?

FRIAR_BOLT_619

They're wearing the sands for the second straight day today. Thats probably a first for this season, and its probably due to the fact that the Mets are wearing the dark alternates but damn I gotta say these things look good. They've been scoring some runs too so I hope they take it as a good luck sorta thing and wear them more often.

14ilxq9.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they did wear them for the first time this year back to back, But it was only because the mets wore there blacks unfortantly. To me these are the best road unis in mlb, Its just to bad the players just dont see it that way, It was also good seeing them win with them, Maybe they will dawn them more if they keep winning on the road.

070822gonz_cam_thumb.jpg

Yeah they did wear them for the first time this year back to back, But it was only because the mets wore there blacks unfortantly.

Really? Did the Padres think their players would get confused?

Isnt there some sort of mlb rule or protocol that dictates that two teams cant wear similar coloured (navy blue and black) tops in the same game? I ask because I seriously dont know.

I hope they start considering the sands as a high-run-yielding uniform and start wearing them full time on the road, I'd like to see them opposite a white wearing home team instead of just when the other team wears dark tops.

14ilxq9.png

Yeah they did wear them for the first time this year back to back, But it was only because the mets wore there blacks unfortantly. To me these are the best road unis in mlb, Its just to bad the players just dont see it that way, It was also good seeing them win with them, Maybe they will dawn them more if they keep winning on the road.

070822gonz_cam_thumb.jpg

I have to say that the khaki unis looked real good yesterday. I'm convinced that the degree of yellow coloring that many people are complaining about is directly related to what television you are watching the game on and the time of day that the game is being played. I was watching a Padre game a few months back and the unis looked really yellow and awkward looking, but last night they seemed just fine. I like the khaki and I hope they keep it, I just hope they change the font.

Isnt there some sort of mlb rule or protocol that dictates that two teams cant wear similar coloured (navy blue and black) tops in the same game? I ask because I seriously dont know.

Nope. We've seen plenty of games with both teams in dark jerseys.

Excellent, that means that if they dont have to wear the sands than they're wearing them because they want to which might lead to them being worn more often.

cheers for the info.

14ilxq9.png

Nope. We've seen plenty of games with both teams in dark jerseys.

Excellent, that means that if they dont have to wear the sands than they're wearing them because they want to which might lead to them being worn more often.

cheers for the info.

Its not a mlb rule but it is pretty obvious that they have only worn them when a opposing team wears a similar top, They have dawned them 9 times this year, And in every game the team there playin have either had a blue or black top on not white.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes, the Padres should dump the sand road jerseys. Everything that's different from what my favorite team wore when I was 13 years old and/or the last time my favorite team won a pennant sucks. All teams should wear identical gray uniforms on the road, with no pinstripes, and dark navy block letters that say "NEW YORK" and no names on the back. "Original" is just uppity designer-speak for "stupid".

And I'm sure that the players really hate wearing khaki clothes. Other than pretty much every man in America and the members of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps, what kind of girly-man whimp wears tan clothing in summer? Those poor Padres players must feel like complete tools wearing khaki pants. So yes, the Padres should dump the sand road jerseys.

Setting aside bileous sarcasm, although I hate the basic idea of "alt" jerseys where they just change the fabric color of a normal jersey, the look of the Padres tan pants with their navy alts is freakin' awesome. They look like a bunch of corporate VPs of sales and marketing got yanked out of a convention hall, or like they're in a hurry to get out of the ballpark to make a late tee time at the public golf course. It's such a workaday look that it completely charms me. Navy shirt and tan pants is sort of like the unofficial men's uniform of everywhere I've ever worked, from labor, retail, and internships in high school and college to newspaper, marketing, and nonprofit offices since.

And yes, the khaki shirts should have the swinging friar on them. Hadn't thought of that, but it would be a brilliant change.

Uh, we don't have a primarily khaki uniform in the US Army. Last I checked, my ACU's, (Army Combat Uniform) are a green, tan and grey. And our Class A (dress uniform) is green. But yes, we do have tan/khaki undershirts.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

Archived