Should the padres change there road unis next year?

FRIAR_BOLT_619

they should go blue full time. theres something appealing to white home and colored roads. The sand is cool maybe for an alternate which is really what the gray jersey should be provided its in the color scheme. There again, i don't wank over making my team look like its just played babe ruth.

I would find it extremely irritating if a team went to a dark top full time as their road unis. It reminds me of the A's in last year's playoffs wearing Green in just about every game. It is a look that I'm not a big fan of quite honestly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sand looks way better in person than it does on TV. They look more yellow on TV than in person. Also, from broadcast to broadcast they look different. I would assume is has something to do with lighting in different stadiums and camera equipment.

Agreed, like I said on the last page, I saw the Lakeland Flying Tigers play in Clearwater with their sand-colored road unis (same shade as the Padres) on and can attest that they look a thousand-times better live that the Padres ones do on TV.

I would find it extremely irritating if a team went to a dark top full time as their road unis.

80's Cubs blue pullovers were the only road option. Did those teams even have gray pants?

2114624.jpgroncey.jpg

Topps photographers must have loved Shea Stadium back then ...

Who's a greater offender of using their alternate darks too often - San Diego, or the Marlins?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

80's Cubs blue pullovers were the only road option. Did those teams even have gray pants?

Nope. White pants with blue pinstripes at home, plain white pants with side piping on the road.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Like powersurge said early on in this thread, the problem isn't the color khaki. It's the wordmark that ruins the khaki uniform. The San DiegO just screws with your head in terms of its perspective, I can't look at it without one of my pupils dilating. How Majestic can't get their :censored: together in 2007 and make a Cool Base jersey in a team's primary road color is beyond me.

Off-topic: EddieJ - the Flyers play in Philadelphia. It's a little embarrassing when your attempt at a funny falls flat because you can't spell something correctly. Just a thought.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nope. White pants with blue pinstripes at home, plain white pants with side piping on the road.

Weird that the road pants were white, even though they were a different pair than the home ones.

This might be an odd question but why are the khakis (and apparently the road greys of other teams) not available in Cool Base? doesnt that kinda force teams to wear their coloured alternates when they come play in a hot road city like San Diego? So when we go see the Padres play theres a high probability of seeing the road team in an annoying alternate.

I'd also like to see the Padres wear the all-khakis on the road more often. Please. The only thing I've heard about players not liking it was a story a while back ago that said that David Wells really liked wearing the blue alternate, but if the starting pitcher gets to decide which uniform to use it seems that at least the starting pitchers hate the "SanDiegO" shirt. Thats a real shame because a lot of fans wear the sands at Petco Park and when they show Padres fans in road ballparks they're either wearing the sands or a throwback, so fan support is there.

I believe it's because Majestic hasn't figured out a way for the cool base material to be invisible on the gray jerseys.

(sorry if this has already been answered)

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I would find it extremely irritating if a team went to a dark top full time as their road unis.

2114624.jpgroncey.jpg

Topps photographers must have loved Shea Stadium back then ...

Who's a greater offender of using their alternate darks too often - San Diego, or the Marlins?

Perfect example....this irritates the :censored: out of me. Not to mention that they were the way over used pull over uniform (aka the lazy mans uni)

San Diego should keep the Khaki and lose everything else....except for the hat.

It's been discussed somewhere before but isn't it ridiculous that MLB won't allow white pants with colored jersies anymore? Padres blues would look better with white pants IMO. What, does MLB think we're going to be confused seeing the blue top/white pant Padres vs a white top/white pant Dodgers? Really doesn't make any logical sense to me. Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

It's been discussed somewhere before but isn't it ridiculous that MLB won't allow white pants with colored jersies anymore? Padres blues would look better with white pants IMO. What, does MLB think we're going to be confused seeing the blue top/white pant Padres vs a white top/white pant Dodgers? Really doesn't make any logical sense to me. Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

The padres have worn there blue tops at home with there white pants many times, By the way the pads are wearing the sands today against the mets. But only because the mets are dawning there black tops. Thats the only time they wear the sands is when the opposing team is wearing a similar top.Image00008865.jpg

I think if the sand was lightened up a little, maybe closer to looking like it might be gray.. Its just too much of that color.

Maybe it's just the wordmark I don't like, that may solve some problems.

I think the biggest problem is the amount of yellow in that "sand" color. If it were more tan and less urine, people might not have as much of a problem.

For an example, here's a pic of Chris Young tonight. To the right is the same pic but his uniform has less yellow in it.

cyounghj8.jpgcyoung2hc5.jpg

Still not perfect but it does make it a lot better.

BTW...Hoffman blows the save and the Mets win 7-6.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Off-topic: EddieJ - the Flyers play in Philadelphia. It's a little embarrassing when your attempt at a funny falls flat because you can't spell something correctly. Just a thought.

Wow I didnt even notice that, I didnt make the sig , disurbedshifty did in concepts, but still for some reason I should've noticed it.

::::changes sig::::

also on topic, I will be seeing the phillies beat the padres friday, I think they will most likely wear their navy tops.

I think if the sand was lightened up a little, maybe closer to looking like it might be gray.. Its just too much of that color.

I think the biggest problem is the amount of yellow in that "sand" color. If it were more tan and less urine, people might not have as much of a problem.

For an example, here's a pic of Chris Young tonight. To the right is the same pic but his uniform has less yellow in it.

Yeah, thats just about exactly what I'm talking about. It's better, but could be better.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

So in other words...not khaki.

I personally think the khaki color is fine, its the wordmarks. But again its just my opinion. I also think someone else here said it best by mentioning that in person the jerseys look perfectly fine. I think its when people view it on television that the hue of the khaki becomes victim to the color settings of people's TV's.

Yes, you can take the yellow out of the khaki, but then you've got grey. So why even do the Khaki then...know what I mean? Then we're back to the beginning of the endless discussion of khaki vs. grey.

Khaki doesn't have to have that much yellow in it. Reducing the yellow doesn't make it gray.

It makes it a lot closer to grey than khaki IMO. If they are going to do khaki then do khaki or else they should just go grey.

I'm curious to see the official Pantone colors for this uniform set (I'll have to go look back in this thread to see if its there) I'm pretty sure that its not as yellow as people claim....but thats just my opinion.

Archived