Canucks Concept

josh_cat_eyes

After watching the the canucks unviel their new jerseys yesturday I was left with only two negitive comments. Get rid of the whale and the text above it! Other than that I thought it was a MASSIVE upgrade. I also really liked the new johny canuck logo and the updated stick and rink. So now with those 2 logos I can finally create the canucks concept that I have been dreaming of for pretty much the past year. Now without any delays like yesturday here is my canucks concept:

Home:

CanucksConcept.png

Road:

CanucksConceptwhite.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

This is a great concept. I love the crest logo with the V and Johnny Canuck. It is much better than the whale. I also like the exclusion of the script, and the way you kept the traditional striping. What I do not like is the blue on the sleeves of thewhite jersey. I also think you could afford to change the collar and have a lace up neck rather than that new age futuristic s**t on the collar. I also think that your numbers and shoulder patches may be a little bit too close to one another. Overall, nice job.

This is darned near perfect. I'd replace the Johnny Canuck with a recolored orca, add a "VANCOUVER",,,just kidding.

Two suggestions. First, I agree with ps1 that the blue sleeves on the white don't really work. I'd also simplify the numbers--blue trimmed with green on the whites, white trimmed with green on the blues. That third intermediate pinline is a bit unnecessary.

Make these changes (and possibly add a lace-up collar) and these are spot-on perfection. Matzah!

It looks like they are wearing a longer t-shirt under the jersey with the way they did the stripe. Which isn't your fault, you kept it the way it was, so it's the canucks design team's fault.

If you look at the bruins jersey, they have 3 stripes (white, yellow, white..then black for the rest of the jersey or white for away)...the way that looks is better, for some reason on the canucks jersey it just looks odd...i dunno, i was there when they unveiled it so what i saw in person compared to the pictures and mock ups is a little different.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

capnCAN4.jpg

Ok, look at Willie Mitchell, that white part on the bottom is just too much, then you see it hung up and it doesn't look like there is much...sort of get what i mean?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I love the Johnny Canuck logo, why they didn't use that as the primary is beyond me. Josh, I think you've nailed this thing, it's near perfection.

My major gripe about the real jerseys are the bi-color whales. The blue on the roads doesn't bother me, but the white and silver of the home just washes together and makes one giant distracting blob. The Vancouver is ridiculous, and whoever thought of that must have been drunk at the time.

Josh's concepts are a major upgrade. Down with the orca!!

I love the Johnny Canuck logo, why they didn't use that as the primary is beyond me. Josh, I think you've nailed this thing, it's near perfection.

My major gripe about the real jerseys are the bi-color whales. The blue on the roads doesn't bother me, but the white and silver of the home just washes together and makes one giant distracting blob. The Vancouver is ridiculous, and whoever thought of that must have been drunk at the time.

Josh's concepts are a major upgrade. Down with the orca!!

Thanks for all the possitve feedback! I remember a couple months ago there was a whole bunch of canucks concepts at the same time and I was like come on people...we need something new...I wanted to make something but I didn't know what to make. Then the moment I saw that johnny canuck logo I new that I had a winner.

Also if you compare the new stick and rink logo to the johnny canuck logo...you see alot of similartities...which is why I used them...but a good thing is that I think the fans will start to like it alot more and eventaully it will be used as the main logo...kinda like the blue thrathers jerseys or the new columbus logo.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

rather than make a new thread...ill throw it in here

i too loved the new V/JC logo as soon as i saw it...and since the nucks prolly wont change their jerseys or even dump the "VANCOUVER" from it most likely anyway....i thought i would make up a 3rd jersey using that logo..and the V/C interlocking logo

Canucks_Concept2.jpg

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

I really like yours man. Just one thing though...there is no black in the new team colors. I like that you have incorperated the VC logo into yours. I really liked it aswell but I couldn't think of a way to use it in mine.

I really like yours man. Just one thing though...there is no black in the new team colors. I like that you have incorperated the VC logo into yours. I really liked it aswell but I couldn't think of a way to use it in mine.

actually the killer whale is black now...so it works lol :D

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

Archived