Color pantones

Nick 1733

You scared me there for a minute - I thought maybe I had accidently posted some reports with the actual Pantones in them...I try to be careful in NOT doing that.

And, before anyone asks - no, I'm really not going to just hand out these things to just anyone.  I've really got to crack down on who gets access to this stuff.  I want to stay on the good side of the teams and leagues, and I know for a fact that a couple of the leagues have whole departments that look for the perps who create counterfeit merchandise, and I don't want to be someone who has contributed to it.

Oh, and one "good" thing about my lists - not only do I not specify which of the colors are actual confirmed Pantones, and which are estimates, but if you extract the RGB values from those color swatches, you won't be able to match them up against Pantone swatches in any graphics program.  For example, Adobe's RGB values are different than the RGB values Pantone, Inc. has designated as correct using the sRGB255 color space.

Uhmm... yeah. Good job Pantone. I have no idea what you meant by that past part, but cool. I'm glad you are giving out good info for sports fans, but nothing a counterfieter could make bank off of.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You scared me there for a minute - I thought maybe I had accidently posted some reports with the actual Pantones in them...I try to be careful in NOT doing that.

And, before anyone asks - no, I'm really not going to just hand out these things to just anyone. I've really got to crack down on who gets access to this stuff. I want to stay on the good side of the teams and leagues, and I know for a fact that a couple of the leagues have whole departments that look for the perps who create counterfeit merchandise, and I don't want to be someone who has contributed to it.

Oh, and one "good" thing about my lists - not only do I not specify which of the colors are actual confirmed Pantones, and which are estimates, but if you extract the RGB values from those color swatches, you won't be able to match them up against Pantone swatches in any graphics program. For example, Adobe's RGB values are different than the RGB values Pantone, Inc. has designated as correct using the sRGB255 color space.

Sorry to scare you there--just pointing to resources out there--that I realize aren't specific answers, at least help point in the direction of reference.

While I have used various references when coming up with colours--I mostly use my eye and experiment.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• LMU locked this topic

Archived