A tribute to the Patriots

DisturbedShifty

What does the videoing in Game 1 have to do with the Super Bowl almost 6 years ago?

Might as well whack in the 1985 AFC Champs logo as well while you're at it.

They've been caught cheating the last 3 years.... who knows how long they did it even before then.

It was my understanding that Pittsburgh and Indianapolis had won the last two Super Bowls.

So even if they were cheating in those years, then really only Super Bowl 39 (sorry, I don't do Roman Numerals) is in any sort of doubt.

And even then, there's no evidence they actually used the information in the game against Philly.

(except for the fact that they played very well on defence)

Is Romeo Crennel now doing the same thing in Cleveland?

He was the DC on that Patriots Super Bowl team.

Surely if it worked for the Patriots, he'd have to bring something similar to the Browns?

From talking to Browns fans on here though, I get the impression that that franchise is too messed up internally to think to do this.

Given the fact that Super Bowl XXXVI was so close, and the fact that the Patriots had an opportunity to construct a library on the Rams following their regular season game with them. I, for one, want an asterisk.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What does the videoing in Game 1 have to do with the Super Bowl almost 6 years ago?

They've been caught cheating the last 3 years.... who knows how long they did it even before then.

It was my understanding that Pittsburgh and Indianapolis had won the last two Super Bowls.

So even if they were cheating in those years, then really only Super Bowl 39 (sorry, I don't do Roman Numerals) is in any sort of doubt.

And even then, there's no evidence they actually used the information in the game against Philly.

Surely if it worked for the Patriots, he'd have to bring something similar to the Browns?

From talking to Browns fans on here though, I get the impression that that franchise is too messed up internally to think to do this.

Given the fact that Super Bowl XXXVI was so close, and the fact that the Patriots had an opportunity to construct a library on the Rams following their regular season game with them. I, for one, want an asterisk.

The Rams?

But the Rams were 6 seasons ago.

Why not also put an asterisk against the 86 AFC Champs game v the Dolphins?

It was a few years back, but you know, leopards and spots and all that... :rolleyes:

Or why not put an asterisk against Mike Martz's name with a caption "idiot who coached like he was in charge of the Pro Bowl team playing against an NFL Europe team".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Rams?

It was a few years back, but you know, leopards and spots and all that... :rolleyes:

Or why not put an asterisk against Mike Martz's name with a caption "idiot who coached like he was in charge of the Pro Bowl team playing against an NFL Europe team".

Was Bellichick coaching the '86 team? I think not. Bellichick's the cheater here...all that his teams have done must now go into question.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rams?

Was Bellichick coaching the '86 team? I think not. Bellichick's the cheater here...all that his teams have done must now go into question.

He was involved with the Giants when they won Super Bowl 25 with Bill Belichick as Defensive Co-ordinator . What about them? Asterisk?

How about the Browns who beat the Patriots in the playoffs when Pete Carroll was coach? Asterisk?

All I'm suggesting is there has to be a statute of limitations.

You can't say every team Bill Belichick has ever been involved in has been cheating. It's ridiculous.

And if the NFL are saying three years, which I will take mctitan's word on, then the Rams were well before that, so no asterisk for you.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Rams?

He was involved with the Giants when they won Super Bowl 25 with Bill Belichick as Defensive Co-ordinator . What about them? Asterisk?

How about the Browns who beat the Patriots in the playoffs when Pete Carroll was coach? Asterisk?

All I'm suggesting is there has to be a statute of limitations.

You can't say every team Bill Belichick has ever been involved in has been cheating. It's ridiculous.

And if the NFL are saying three years, which I will take mctitan's word on, then the Rams were well before that, so no asterisk for you.

Remember what I said about the Browns? The same applies to the Rams' front office (ie they're too stupid to demand an investigation). The NFL doesn't want to trash "one of the greatest stories in its history", so there will probably never be an investigation into it. I still want an asterisk though.

Today, we are all otaku.

the only questionable game from the first year the pats won the super bowl is the tuck rule game in oakland. as for the super bowl that year, that was just a case of good defense beating a good offense and vinitieri being great in the clutch and Mike Martz showcasing that he is a coaching failure.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Remember what I said about the Browns? The same applies to the Rams' front office (ie they're too stupid to demand an investigation). The NFL doesn't want to trash "one of the greatest stories in its history", so there will probably never be an investigation into it. I still want an asterisk though.

I want an Aston Martin Vantage, but we're both a fair way from getting what we want.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

the only questionable game from the first year the pats won the super bowl is the tuck rule game in oakland. as for the super bowl that year, that was just a case of good defense being allowed to commit penalties at will on a good offense and vinitieri being great in the clutch and Mike Martz showcasing that he is a coaching failure.

FYP....but that's the other reason why they don't want to look into Super Bowl XXXVI.

Today, we are all otaku.

When I was in ninth grade, I was dating this girl named Susie McLean. We went out for three months, and even though I had never had sex before, I was patient with her--she was also a virgin and wanted to wait, and so I waited. Well, one day, I went to school and people started telling me that Susie had gone to a party that weekend and ended up sleeping with this jerk Todd Marino. I was crushed--after I had waited and waited, she had slept with another guy first! I dumped her, and it wasn't until eleventh grade--two years later--that I finally lost my own virginity.

Last year I ran into a guy from my high school, twelve years later. We started talking, and this came up. He said that Todd Marino had slept with his girlfriend, too--but it only happened because he got her drunk first. That's not cool! I figure if Todd did that to this guy's girlfriend, he must have gotten Susie drunk the night he slept with her, too.

Now, I'm positive that if Todd hadn't had sex with Susie that night, she and I would have done it eventually and I wouldn't have had to wait two more years to lose my virginity. And if he hadn't broken the rules and gotten her drunk first, I'm positive he never would have had sex with her. So, whenever people ask me when was my first time, I tell them this:

It was in 11th grade.*

Warning: In the preceding story, names have been changed and characters and events may be embellished or made up completely to protect the innocent and ridicule the whiners whose teams lost to the Patriots at some point since the Reagan administration. Get over it, people!

I was reading it wondering where is this going, why is it going there, and how is it relevant?

So in this analogy, Todd Marino is the new England Patriots, a mean kid who gets what he wants by using whatever means neccessary.

(Interesting choice of last name for a possibly fictional charcter)

Susie McLean is various losers of Super Bowls that the New England Patriots won.

Wilson & his school mate play the part of the fans of those teams. Ripped off at the time, but basically recovered from their hurt through the passage of time.

Me, Cyan DGiv87, jp and assorted others here (apologies to those I missed) who are Pats fans; I guess we're Marino's buddies, listening to stories of how Todd humped girls from school after getting them drunk at parties.

So the biggest losers out of all this are Sean, Brian, Jim & me.

Bugger. I didn't see that coming when I read it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm going to add this to the discussion. It's from a Tuesday Morning Quarterback article on ESPN.com from about a week ago. I haven't attempted to confirm anything here so take it for what it's worth...

And the Patriots' cheating might have been more extensive than so far confirmed. Fox Sports reported that former NFL players believe Belichick had microphones installed in the shoulder pads of defensive linemen so the Patriots could tape other teams' offensive audibles and line calls. Needless to say, putting microphones on players violates NFL rules. Andrea Kremer of NBC reported that several teams might charge the Patriots this week with having stolen playbooks from the visitors' dressing room. The convenient "malfunction" of visiting teams' headphones at the Patriots' two fields under Belichick seems to have happened far too often to be an IT department error. The rumor mill says Belichick, Richard Nixon-style, has file cabinets of info on opposing coaches and assistant coaches ? some gleaned honestly, some obtained by cheating.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm going to add this to the discussion. It's from a Tuesday Morning Quarterback article on ESPN.com from about a week ago. I haven't attempted to confirm anything here so take it for what it's worth...
And the Patriots' cheating might have been more extensive than so far confirmed. Fox Sports reported that former NFL players believe Belichick had microphones installed in the shoulder pads of defensive linemen so the Patriots could tape other teams' offensive audibles and line calls. Needless to say, putting microphones on players violates NFL rules. Andrea Kremer of NBC reported that several teams might charge the Patriots this week with having stolen playbooks from the visitors' dressing room. The convenient "malfunction" of visiting teams' headphones at the Patriots' two fields under Belichick seems to have happened far too often to be an IT department error. The rumor mill says Belichick, Richard Nixon-style, has file cabinets of info on opposing coaches and assistant coaches ? some gleaned honestly, some obtained by cheating.

So anytime ESPN puts a mic on Ray Lewis for MNF, that's technically illegal too, right? Because then somebody on the coaching staff can intercept the radio frequency and gather audibles from the other team, right?!?!

Seriously, this is getting out of hand. Since the scandal broke, the Pats are still undefeated. Just you wait...somebody'll start insinuating that the Pats bugged the other team's Gatorade cooler.

galaxy.png

So anytime ESPN puts a mic on Ray Lewis for MNF, that's technically illegal too, right? Because then somebody on the coaching staff can intercept the radio frequency and gather audibles from the other team, right?!?!

Seriously, this is getting out of hand. Since the scandal broke, the Pats are still undefeated. Just you wait...somebody'll start insinuating that the Pats bugged the other team's Gatorade cooler.

I thought the mike was in the helmet, but the bigger point is that you have to get special permission for the MNF mikes, and the Patriots obviously didn't get that.

BTW...did anybody else read today's Tank McNamara? ^_^

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived