Yet another US Soccer Federation concept...

gordie_delini

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can't we just pretend they won 13 or so cups, not many people in the US would argue with it, considering most in the US dont care to know how many the US has actually won, moreless understand stars in a soccer badge, moreless ever see a soccer badge in their lifetime

[Mod edit: uncalled for.]

I'm sorry.

OKAY! ENOUGH! As the creator of this design, I am making an executive decision - I agree with BallWonk that the United States text references the idea of the design of the canton of the flag, without using actual stars. I further believe that the star-pentagon is enough of a star and, with the larger size of the ball now, is enough of a star to once again reference the stars and stripes. So, the discussion of stars in this design is closed.

Now does anyone have any other suggestions to improve the overall design of the badge?

OD_Signature.jpg

Sorry. If the board had allowed me to put them all in one post, I would have. :(

I like the balance of this latest version a lot more. There's less empty space.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Love the reworked badge with the more prominent ball. It definitely picks up better from a distance.

Given my choice of diagonal sash v. vertical stripes, I like the sash. The vertical stripe gives the notion of unbalanced design - all the color favors the wearer's left, and with the number in the middle, there's nothing on the right. Western cultures (and sometimes to a greater extent, Eastern) have shown a historical bias favoring the right at the expense of the left; would a left-biased design even be advisable? (I could be reading way too much into this; then again, compare the etymologies of words like ambidexterous and adroit against words like gauche and sinister. :therock:)

IIRC, when the US MNT used a kit similar to the one with vertical striping, weren't the socks a continuation of the bias toward one side of the uniform? Novel to be sure, but they're essentially mismatched socks.

I'll take the sash, which provides color across the chest, and as mentioned, is widely underutilized at the national level. I'd rather see a sash become a US design staple then some of the other mishaps (faux denim, the royal blue/white pinstripe disaster 3rd kit we have now) we've gone with.

As usual... nice work, Bri.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived