Duck and Kings start season in London

spyboy1

The Ducks and Kings opened the season in London today. Unlike previous years when the NHL opened the season in Japan (97,98 & 2000) they did not wear a special patch for the occasion, which is kind of a shame since this logo would have made a really nice looking one to commemorate the occasion.

77109665.jpg77108288.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Noticed the Staples Center logo spotlights incorporated into this logo. Since AEG owns the Kings, Staples Center, the O2 arena and were responsible for the idea of the games being played in the UK, I guess their inhouse logo guy made this logo as well.

Look how much faster they look!

...and so much for the EDGE system eliminating the use of tape over the socks...

The only thing that could eliminate tape over the socks would be a rule change.

Exactly there is a difference between needing and wanting. The new socks eliminate the need for tape however most players are superstitious and like to follow routines so they choose to keep on wearing tape.

Is that place called the oxygen center or O2 center?

It's The o2 Arena...I think it's named after a mobile phone service in the UK.

And it's actually not really a "new" building; they just built it inside what used to be called the Millennium Dome.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived